Search results

1. mikegronholz

Need some help ...

Originally Posted by sprang Check for copper? That is what I was thinking ... no additives. I guess there could have been some in the water we bought. Guess i'll send some water with my neighbor ... she's a chemist and can super analyze the water.
  2. mikegronholz

Need some help ...

All of our bug spraying happens outside for this very reason. The GSM appeared from nowhere and happily ate. If it was a toxin, the water change should definitely help get it out. As for cleaning crew, snails and crabs ... lots of them ... the snails reproduced faster than other commited...
  3. mikegronholz

Need some help ...

LFS was obviously closed today ... I did test ammo with 3 different tests ... 1 strip and two part1, part 2 things ... all registered 0. The next big question is what will clean all the worms off the sand for me ?
  4. mikegronholz

Need some help ...

Been a while since i've posted ... so ... howdy again everyone Down to business though ... my 29g has been up and running a loooong time. Occupants as of Monday were GSM Clown, a blood shrimp and a peppermint. Tanks has about 75# of LR and has a bed of LS about 3" thick. Shrimp have been...
  5. mikegronholz

72g Oceanic Tank, Stand and Canopy in DFW

all tanks are gone ... thx for the interest ...
  6. mikegronholz

feel free to call me at the number above also ...
  7. mikegronholz

I have someone that is supposed to be here this evening to pick it and all my other aquarium stuff. If he doesn't show, I will post up ... we are meeting at 5pm.
  8. mikegronholz

lloks like it is going to be picked up tomorrow ... i will update tomorrow evening.
  9. mikegronholz

going to the dump Saturday if no one wants this ... great tank ... pictures are decieving ... price can't be better.
  10. mikegronholz

glass needs a good cleaning ... but here are some pictures for those interested ... the white haze is old dried out algae film ... not scratches ... just FYI
  11. mikegronholz

briar, tx ... we have running water ... but no cable and no dsl or cable for the internet ... all satellite
  12. mikegronholz

Originally Posted by indydirk And me up here in Indiana, dang it !!!! Would ya be willing to bring it this far for $50 ???? (worth a shot) $50mile or $50hour ... either way ... yeah ;)
  13. mikegronholz

All in good condition. Matching set ... not homemade. It is an older style with beveled front corners and has a built in filter area that if drilled would be the perfect overflow area. This was a tank my dad used for fresh water. Never seen saltwater before. This setup cost over $1200 new...
  14. mikegronholz

10 gallon filter...?

the AC110 is HUGE ... there is about 1.5" between those baflfes ... the picture makes it look smaller than it is.
  15. mikegronholz

10 gallon filter...?

Actually, I have disassembled the filter again :) If you look at the pic above, you wil notice that the water won't flow through the carbon but over it. So i am redoing the first baffle so the water flows underneath and through the baffle in to the heater chamber. But short answer, just a...
  16. mikegronholz

10 gallon filter...?

I used an AC110, modified it to have multiple chambers including a refugium ... see below
  17. mikegronholz

Aiptasia in my star polyps ...

Would have sworn I read somewhere that fire shrimp don't like other shrimp ... wish my clown would chill ... he is really beating up on the firefish :(
  18. mikegronholz

Yep, bought me just one ... wierd though ... my fire shrimp and him hang under the same rock and just sway during the day. I really thought they'd have an issue.
  19. mikegronholz

Lighting Question ...

plan on keeping a little bit of everything ... just found a pretty good deal on 2x175 ... guess I'll pass on it.
  20. mikegronholz

OMG ... if you have never seen true peppermints attack aiptasia, it is sometihng to behold ... the LFS lady put an aiptasia covered rock with these 4 peppermints ... took them about 5 minutes and the entire rock was clean !!! It was SOOOOOO cool to watch !!!