Search results

1. mikegronholz

Need some help ...

Been a while since i've posted ... so ... howdy again everyone Down to business though ... my 29g has been up and running a loooong time. Occupants as of Monday were GSM Clown, a blood shrimp and a peppermint. Tanks has about 75# of LR and has a bed of LS about 3" thick. Shrimp have been...
  2. mikegronholz

72g Oceanic Tank, Stand and Canopy in DFW

All in good condition. Matching set ... not homemade. It is an older style with beveled front corners and has a built in filter area that if drilled would be the perfect overflow area. This was a tank my dad used for fresh water. Never seen saltwater before. This setup cost over $1200 new...
  3. mikegronholz

Lighting Question ...

Is 2x175 14k MH too much for a 29g tank ?
  4. mikegronholz

Aiptasia in my star polyps ...

Was looking at the star polyps last night when they closed up ... looks like i have 2 small aiptasias on it. Should i just let them be or get a peppermint or 2 ?
  5. mikegronholz

Little help (29g) ...

Curious to know how I can get rid of the particulate in the water. Never had any until I added an aquafuge a couple of weeks ago. All the water parameters are normal. I have a Fluval internal filter in the aquafuge. any help ?
  6. mikegronholz

My first coral for my 29g

7. mikegronholz

White bumpon clown's lip ...

The other morning we awoke to find our gold striped maroon with a white "bump" on his lip. Checked all the params and the ph was a bit low ... so over the last few days, we used Kent Superbuffer to get it back to 8.0-8.1. Everything else is at 0. After looking a bit more, I noticed that the...
  8. mikegronholz

Eheim Powerheads ... anyone have an opinon ?

Comments good or bad ... looking to replace noisey Rio powerheads ...
  9. mikegronholz

Inverts and Calcium relationship ...

Question for all you guys. I added a Blood shrimp about 2 weeks ago. The water I use for top off has a high calcium content (lucky me huh). Anyway, the shrimp molted 2 days after I added him, then today he molted again. Is this bad for him growing this fast ... or is it normal ? Also, my blue...
  10. mikegronholz

Calurpa Needed

Anybody have a baggie full they can spare ? email me: mikegronholz@tds.net
  11. mikegronholz

29g recommendations ...

Hi guys. Long time no talk to :) 29g has been up for about a year. Looking for some recommendations for some coral. Lighting is 4x65 (2 10k and 2 actinic) PC. Current residents: Gold Stripped Maroon Clown Flame Angel Purple Firefish Emerald Crab Fire Shrimp Snails and Crabs Ton of Feather...
  12. mikegronholz

29G Soon to be reef

Hi guys. Long time no talk to :) 29g has been up for about a year. Looking for some recommendations for some coral. Lighting is 4x65 (2 10k and 2 actinic) PC. Current residents: Gold Stripped Maroon Clown Flame Angel Purple Firefish Emerald Crab Fire Shrimp Snails and Crabs Ton of Feather...
  13. mikegronholz

29g setup for the Clowns and a few friends ...

It is not the 90g we had, or the 215g we will have, but the clowns and friends are happy. Stuff includes: 3 False Percs Purple Gorgonian Sun Polyps Tongan Mushroom (with a baby) a HUGE zebra hermit couple of snails couple of blue legs Montipora Digitata about 60# LR about 50# LS in an Eclipse...
  14. mikegronholz

Sand quality after storage ...

First of all, HI GUYS and GALS...Long time no talk to !!! My question stems from my absence. I had to tear the tanks down :( and stored everything. Well, the rock has seen beeter days but my immidiate concern is my sand. The sand has been in storage for about 3 months, no light, no flow but...
  15. mikegronholz

Livestock and tank stuff FS ... Must go FAST !!!

Use common sense here guys, I won't sell the tank if the livestock still exists !!! Here is what I have and can provide pictures of (no shipping) ... LARGE white haddoni carpet (sixe of a dinner plate) with LARGE Clarkii - $75 TONS of Calurpa - $5 a baggie full 300+ pounds of LR (ALL together)...
  16. mikegronholz

I WANT SUN POLYPS !!! Will somebody trade me ?

I have some xenia or a tongan mushroom to trade. I'd prefer a large "frag" in trade so I might be willing to trade both of mine for yours. I'd prefer the Northern VA, DC, or southern MD area !!! email me michael.gronholz@verizon.net
  17. mikegronholz

Will a UV kill diatoms ?

Self explanatory ...
  18. mikegronholz

Can an anemone (BTA) survive under actinic only ?

I have a HUGE diatom outbreak in my 26g tank. I want to cut the light back to see what heppens. But there is a BTA in the tank. Can he survive under actinic only for a week ?
  19. mikegronholz

Haddoni Carpet Anemone Question

Howdy all. I got my Haddoni yesterday and have been doing more and more research (since worked sucked today). I am getting about 60% saying that ocellaris clowns (false percs) DO host and the other 40% saying they don't. Those that say they don't also say Clarkii's DON'T host as well, but at...
  20. mikegronholz

Sunday night 6-pack ...

Here is the whole tank...