Search results

1. tableforglasses

what type of frag is this?

Anyone know what kind of frag this is?
  2. tableforglasses

Need your thoughts on updating lighting

So I have a 300 gallon reef tank and I need to do an annual bulb replacement and I am wondering what everybody runs and likes. I want to keep the same configuration I currently have but possibly change the K of the bulbs. Right now I am running 3 halides (2 10K and 1 20K) and 4 T5 actinics. What...
  3. tableforglasses

bangai babies in my overflow

So I was just working on my tank and I looked in my overflow and there are bangai cardinal babies swimming in my overflow. My kids are freaking out, they love it. I have never seen anything like this. I don't know what to do. Not sure I can even get them out and if I do not sure they will...
  4. tableforglasses

Do I need to add calcium

So I have been using red sea coral pro salt. Since then every time I test my calcium it is around 500. I haven't dosed calcium since switching. Does this seem right or am I missing something and should be dosing as well? (I use red sea calcium pro test kit) Thanks 300 gallon reef tank 85...
  5. tableforglasses

sump for 300 gallon

So I just got a new 300 gallon tank and I am doing the preliminary stages of setup for a reef tank. The biggest tank I had before was 110 gallons so this is much bigger than anything I have done before. I know that I am going to do a refugium and a protein skimmer. What other things do you...
  6. tableforglasses

Anybody ever moved a 300 gallon reef tank?

So I am intersted in setting up a new tank and I found one used that I wanted to purchase the problem is that it is still currently setup and is being sold with all the livestock, (live rock, coral, fish). Also another factor is it is about 3 hours away not to mention that it is a 300 gallon...
  7. tableforglasses

should i make the switch to aggressive?

Hey guys I am looking at getting a custom 250 gallon tank and I was wondering based off of everyone's experience what they loved about aggressive tanks. I have always run reef tanks the biggest being a 120 Gallon, but am intrigued by the aggressive fish. I love the triggers especially and was...
  8. tableforglasses

glasscages or something similar?

I know review are mixed but most reviews I can find are old so wanted to see if anyone has any experience with glasscages particularly recent? I want to get a custom tank built but I don't want to break the bank. I understand that you can't sacrifice quality with something like this but I got...
  9. tableforglasses

Need a Custom Tank Built...suggestions?

Hey Guys, I am looking to get a custom tank built and I have had multiple conversations with glasscages about building this but I can't find any really favorable reviews about their tank work. Anybody else out there who does what they do and does good work but isn't super expensive? (I know...
  10. tableforglasses

Acrylic or Glass for new 200 gallon build?

I am thinking about trying to build a 200 gallon tank (btw I know lots of risks involved, but want to try it), I know this is a loaded question for tank people but would you do glass or acrylic for a tank that size? Also can you get custom glass or acrylic that is 3/8"-1/2" thick at home depot...
  11. tableforglasses

Anyone ever had a tall rectangle tank?

Hey Guys, I was thinking about upgrading from my 125 gallon reef tank to a 250 gallon aggressive tank and I was wondering if anyone has ever set up a tall rectangle rather than a long rectangle (hope that make sense)? I have the perfect spot but it would be better tall than wide. I was just...
  12. tableforglasses

Aquarium move and detailed in wall build

A while back I asked for advice on moving my tank from main floor to the basement. In the process I decided to build the tank in wall and would like to share how the process went. I would be happy to answer any questions afterwards as well if anyone is curious how I did anything. The tank is...
  13. tableforglasses

need suggestions for new halide bulbs

I need to replace my halide bulbs on my tank. I have a 125 gal currently only soft corals. I have 2 t-5 actinic bulbs. I am replacing 2 400w metal halide bulbs. What i have right is 10,000K should I stick with that since I have the actinics or should I look at 20,000k bulbs? Also what...
  14. tableforglasses

Diamond goby destroying sand bed

I got a diamond goby about a month ago. He is doing a great job on the sand bed but as of this past week he has started moving all the sand into one corner. It is piled over 5 inches high in one corner and almost got it to glass in center. I tried to rescape sand last night and he had it worse...
  15. tableforglasses

food that actually sinks?

Hey guys I am going out of town for about 8 days, while I am gone I have someone who is coming in as often as possible to check the tank and feed the fish. In the mean time I have just gotten an eheim auto fish feeder (I know these are not ideal but on short notice it will supplement when he...
  16. tableforglasses

Koralia smart wave question

Hey guys I just got a koralia smart wave controller and I was wondering how is the best to way to set the alternating pattern. Should I set I to alternate every few seconds or minutes or what? Thanks
  17. tableforglasses

pics of my new refugium

Thanks to everyone on the help of this new setup. Here are a couple pics of my new set up refugium.
  18. tableforglasses

Where to put copepods

I ordered copepods from here and I was wondering where should I add them? I have a 125 gal tank and a 40 gal sump with 15 gal refugium. I was thinking refugium but wanted to make sure that was best.
  19. tableforglasses

How long to keep lights on refugium

I have a 125 gallon tank, 40 gallon sump, 15 gallon refugium with caulerpa. How long should I run the lights on my refugium? I know some run 24/7 and others on off schedule of main lights. Just curious what everyone thinks.
  20. tableforglasses

Refugium overflowing

So here's the deal I am in the process of adding a refugium that is separate from my sump system. I have everything plumbed and ready; the corner overflows on main tank flow to refugium then refugium flows to sump and skimmer then back to main tank. The refugium is fairly small but I have 2 400...