Search results

1. krishj39

Need help quick! Porcupine Puffer with seriously cloudy eye

Hi everyone, I'm still pretty new at keeping an aggressive tank. I never would have guessed it would be more work than my reef aquariums. I picked up a 6 inch porcupine pufferfish yesterday evening. He looked completely healthy and was active at the LFS who has had it for a few weeks. I put him...
  2. krishj39

T5 fixture for 100g mixed coral tank

Hi, I know there's a lot of info on these threads but I am hoping to get some specific advice. I have a 5' 100g aquarium with mostly soft and LPS but I do have a few SPS, clams and an anenome. My current light fixture (2-250w MH, 1-175w MH, 2-140w VHO T12) just blew a ballast and I'm thinking of...
  3. krishj39

It's been a while...new photos of my tank

Title says it all. Feedback would be great!
  4. krishj39

Zoa ID's Please!

I've gathered a small collection of zoas and after reading through the zoa forum I was inspired to figure out what kinds they are! Weigh in please!
  5. krishj39

Will mushrooms hurt clams?

Hey everyone! It's been a while. So, I have a 5" teardrop Maxima on the sand. I'd like to move him up to the rocks but I'm having a hard time finding a spot. There is one perfect place for him on a table but it's covered with mushroom corals. Do you think I can put the clam on there or would the...
  6. krishj39

Mushrooms and Clams fight?

Hey everyone! It's been a while. So, I have a 5" teardrop Maxima on the sand. I'd like to move him up to the rocks but I'm having a hard time finding a spot. There is one perfect place for him on a table but it's covered with mushroom corals. Do you think I can put the clam on there or would...
  7. krishj39

advice needed for goby/shrimp choices

I've got a 12g Aquapod. What shrimp goby/ pistol shrimp combinations do you guys recommend? Since it's such a small tank with so few inhabitants I'd like something with a good amount of color and/or personality. If I get these it would be specifically for the symbiotic relationship too so I'd...
  8. krishj39

Brand new 12g Aquapod!

Here are some photos of my day-old 12g aquapod. There's about 16lbs of Fugi LR in there and 25lbs of LS. After the cycle I'll be adding a varity of corals and 2 small fish. Any suggestions on the fish?
  9. krishj39

Cardinals in a 12g?

I'm thinking about getting a Bangaii Cardinal one day for my 12g Aquapod. Anyone done this? Do you think it would do ok in that size tank? I had one in my 90g a few years ago and it didn't move around much which makes me think it would do fine in a 12g but what do you think?
  10. krishj39

New to Los Angeles area, where are the good LFSs?

Hey Guys, I moved out to east Los Angeles County recently and I'm looking into starting up a reef aquarium again. Anyone live around here that knows some good LFSs? I've been to a few but they all seem pretty run down and poorly maintained. Where do you guys from around here get your livestock...
  11. krishj39

New to Los Angeles area, where are the good LPSs?

Hey Guys, I moved out to east Los Angeles County recently and I'm looking into starting up a reef aquarium again. Anyone live around here that knows some good LFSs? I've been to a few but they all seem pretty run down and poorly maintained. Where do you guys from around here get your livestock...
  12. krishj39

I've returned from India

Hey all, Some of you oldies may remember me from back in the day. I was a regular here a year ago, but I ended up selling my 90g reef tank and moving off to India. Well I'm back now and while I don't have an saltwater tank right now, hopefully I'll be able to setup a nano tank or something in...
  13. krishj39

HELP! I have to sell my tank

Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm sure you still remember me. I've been in India, actually, and I'm returning again soon. Which brings me to the sad point of this post. I need to sell my tank because I'm leaving the country. I'm very excited to leave but I'll miss...
  14. krishj39

These pictures were published

Hey guys, I just got these two pictures published in my LFS catalog (it's also a major online store so I'll refrain from saying it's name). They claim to be the largest retail pet store in the world, located right here in Lancaster PA. I get 15$ in store credit for each picture. I'm quite happy...
  15. krishj39

toddpolish

Your avatar is HIGH-larious!
  16. krishj39

hammer spawn

I just wanted to say that tonight I had my first witnessed coral spawning. My hammer coral spawned for several hours tonight.
  17. krishj39

michael7979 or any Rainford's Goby owners

Hey, I wanted to know what kind of care you need to do for your Rainford Goby. How visible is it? The ones I've seen seem pretty shy. What non-live food will they eat? Do you recommend this tank for a 90g reef tank? Anything else I should know?
  18. krishj39

6+ pack

Well, it's been a while since I've put some current pictures of my tank. These were all taken within the last few days. Don't get too tipsy looking at them!
  19. krishj39

where can i find more AOL instant messager smileys?

Alright guys, here's an off topic question for you. I am trying to get a wider selection of smileys for AOL AIM. Does any one know of a good way to get more? Additionally, I'd specifically like to be able to add them to away messages. There is sorta a long story as to why I care enough to ask on...
  20. krishj39

late night 6 pack

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted a pack, you've seen a few of these pictures in recent threads, but most are new. Hope you like them. My bangaii cardinal