Search results

1. vasilithegreek

Adding LiveRock Question

so you were just trying to be smart and were not really asking a question, that's what I gathered from your original post but I responded anyways just in case you were sincere. Thank You for proving my point what I first originally posted.What I meant to say in your quoted text of mine, was that...
  2. vasilithegreek

Adding LiveRock Question

Originally Posted by florida joe I need some of the experts to please enlighten me on this scenario. I go to my LFS with a 5g bucket of my tank water. I buy some cured live rock put it in my bucket. Assuming I am not driving cross-country. I take the live rock out of the bucket put it in my DT...
  3. vasilithegreek

Adding LiveRock Question

Originally Posted by hlcroghan It doesn't make much sense to bash the site that you are contributing to. I have learned a ton from reading peoples' tank build threads. Just my .02. Im not bashing the site if you read my post again, I rarely come on it anymore because of what i think its...
  4. vasilithegreek

Adding LiveRock Question

You will still go through a spike a small spike, no matter what any body tells you that you wont have one, adding here or there is not a good idea(unless you want to chance killing you what you bought). You dont need a qt tank, all you need is a rubber maid tub a heater and a powerhead to make...
  5. vasilithegreek

red gorgonian I.D.? and help any experts

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and still cant find an id. The only possible id is the red with white polyps, and from what I've read nowhere mentions yellow polyps at all. Only the red with white polyp im finding. Im feeding it oyster eggs about 4 times a week target feeding and its in a...
  6. vasilithegreek

red gorgonian I.D.? and help any experts

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and still cant find an id. The only possible id is the red with white polyps, and from what I've read nowhere mentions yellow polyps at all. Only the red with white polyp im finding. Im feeding it oyster eggs about 4 times a week target feeding and its in a...
  7. vasilithegreek

Copes, scoots, and my reef tank

Thats a pretty cool scooter, I've never seen one with so many colors on its fin like a mandarin. From my experience I think you still have a good amount of pods. Wait till about 3 hours after your tank lights go off and turn the lights on you'll see them on your rock wandering about. I thought...
  8. vasilithegreek

zoo id?

I got these two little guys for free when I bought a new piece of rock. But I cant find a positive i.d.
  9. vasilithegreek

what reef test kits does everybody use?

what are your likes/dislikes. any and all suggestion and opinions would be great!Im starting my 24 jbj nano and am trying to figure out the best kit for a reef. 55 fowlr-established 24 jbj nano dx- Just starting the cycle(will be corals and fish, and inverts)
  10. vasilithegreek

worm id? peanut worm good or bad?

Is this going to be safe for the reef i'm going to start. I dont want it to eat any of the corals. I found some other bristle worms that were very red with almost transparent bristles that i couldn't get. I've heard mix things about them.
  11. vasilithegreek

worm id? Pic inside

its probally about 4 inches.
  12. vasilithegreek

worm id? Pic inside

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...k/IMG_0799.jpg I have no idea what it is? I thought it was a peanut worm maybe a bristle? dont know. the red tail throws me off so do some of the other segments on the body.
  13. vasilithegreek

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...k/IMG_0799.jpg It has a red end?
  14. vasilithegreek

Just bought new rock and found some bristle worms wich i think are going to be good for my deep sand.?. Then I have a larger brown slimy worm that retreats in a hole. I think it might be a peanut worm and i cant find to much info on them. -are peanut worms good or bad? and im gonna start a reef...
  15. vasilithegreek

cloudy sand help please!?!?!?

yeah the sand i have is very fine.
  16. vasilithegreek

Just bought new rock and found some bristle worms wich i think are going to be good for my deep sand.?. Then I have a larger brown slimy worm that retreats in a hole. I think it might be a peanut worm and i cant find to much info on them. -are peanut worms good or bad?
  17. vasilithegreek

This is the first time i used the caribsea non live arag sand(im seeding with my established sand from my other tank) and i was dumb and put the bag in before rinsing the sand out. So now I have a dilema on what i need to do...Its been 1.5 days since i put the sand in and it is still very...
  18. vasilithegreek

This is the first time i used the caribsea non live arag sand(im seeding with my established sand from my other tank) and i was dumb and put the bag in before rinsing the sand out. So now I have a dilema on what i need to do...Its been 1.5 days since i put the sand in and it is still very...
  19. vasilithegreek

Zach's 24g Nano Cube diary

yeah i dont know why but my tank after a day is still cloudy. I dont know why. When I have setup up my last two tanks I dont rember them being so cloudy. Its milky cloudy. Did you use anything else besides the filter options your tank came with....I used the caribsea aragonite non live stuff...
  20. vasilithegreek

Zach's 24g Nano Cube diary

how long did your tank stay cloudy when you added your sand