Search results

1. lagatbezan

5.5" Red General Starfish for sale. NY Long Island

Hi all, I have a 5"-5.5" Red General Starfish that I need to sell since i'm looking to get a puffer so he has to go. I rather he goes to a new home rather then food for the puffer. He is been in my 240g tank for a long time and he is very active and eats like a pig! I'm asking $20.00 for him. He...
  2. lagatbezan

tang in hypo for 30 days and ICH today?

Hi, I have a powder bule tang that has been in QT tang for more than 30 days now in hypo at 1.009 measured with a Refractometer and all of the sudden he shows signs of ICH today full blown all over his body. Also today his coloring was faded. I have done hypo several times but never had this...
  3. lagatbezan

stocking list for a 240g. tell me what you think.

240g 8' long tank. 100lb+ LR, 6-8" DSB, 46g sump, asm4 skimmer. tell me what you think of this stocking list: purple tang 3 yellow tangs (small) powder blue tang-currently own blond naso tang (not sure) maybe an angel fish (Imperator) Foxface butterflyfish (not sure which one) 5-7 antias to...
  4. lagatbezan

Before you put your hand in your tank, read this!

wow, came across this article the other day and now i think twice about putting my hands in my tank! I think this should be a sticky or something! here is the link to the article: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...ture/index.php
  5. lagatbezan

HELP! White spots NOT ICH on purple tang w/ LOTS of PIC

HI, I have a purple tang that I adopted from a friend with a bad case of HLLE. I have had him in a QT for the last month and he has been eating great and the HLLE has gotten a lot beter. But 2 weeks ago he started showing these white spots over its body. Thinking its Ich I started Hypo which I...
  6. lagatbezan

Anyone want to adopt a blind unicorn tang NYC?

Hi, My friend has a 6" Naso unicornis which is blind. This is a healthy fish which needs someone who is willing and able to take care of him and feed him. He no longer is able to take care of him and is looking for someone to adopt him. Anyone interested please let me know since its a really...
  7. lagatbezan

Stocking a 240g! what u think?

Hi, I just finished setting up my 240g and have an idea of what I want to put in it. I want to keep the tank as a community tank with a clean up crew and a starfish. here is my list so far: Whitecheek Tang Blue Tang (Hipo) X2 Powder Blue Tang Naso Tang Purple Tang Emperor Angelfish Queen...
  8. lagatbezan

closed loop for my 240; will this work?

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up my 240g acrylic tank. Now this tank is a room divider which is visible from all sides. it has a center overflow build in it and i wanted to add a closed loop system for more water movement. I have drawn up a closed loop system to be placed on top of the tank...
  9. lagatbezan

Help me set up my new tank

Hi, I juts got a new 240g tank and need some help setting it up! the tank is a 240g acrylic room divider with a center overflow witch has 2 bulkheads-each 1.5" one being the drain and the other being the return( drilled in the bottem of the tank in the center). the tank has a sump under the...
  10. lagatbezan

iwaki or little giant pump users question

Hi, I was looking at the Iwaki WMD-30RLXT or the Little Giant 4MDQXSC. I was wondering do either one of these pumps have a flow rate control on them that you can control the flow rate? I need to get a return pump from my sump to my 240g which will be at the height of 6'. will these be good...
  11. lagatbezan

Berlin or ASM skimmer

I have been looking for a skimmer for a 240g tank and i have found a BERLIN TURBO CLASSIC skimmer for about $200. Anyone has any opinions about this skimmer...is it good/bad... ? I have seen a ASM G3 for about $300 but I didn't want to spend that much if the Berlin is just as good. Any...
  12. lagatbezan

cc removal?

Hi, I know this must be a silly question, but what is the best way of removing crush coral from a acrylic tank w/o scratching the acrylic? will a wet/dry vac. work? thanks.
  13. lagatbezan

Another sand question with pics!

Hi, I have been in search of sothdown sand and had no luck finding any! been told its not in season. the only other type of white that i found was made by Ace Crete. can someone tell me if its any good or not? Can I use this for my tank or is there any type of testing i can do to make sure...
  14. lagatbezan

skimmer for 240g

hi, I was wondering what would be a nice skimmer to get for a 240? I need something that does the job, but still budget friendly. any info would be great.
  15. lagatbezan

heater size for a 240g?

Hi all, I'm helping a friend set up a 240g and was wondering what size heaters we should go with? I was thinking maybe 2-300 watts? is that enough? They will be placed in the sum. ALso should we go with the titanium one? any info would be great. thanks.
  16. lagatbezan

skimmer suggestion

Hi, I'm looking to get a skimmer and was wondering which one was a good but affordable one to get! I have a 46g FOWLR tank with a wet/dry sump filter. i would like to get one that would go in the sump. I have seen many different makes out there: Prizm, turbo skimmer, seaclone. are any of these...
  17. lagatbezan

Starfish ID.

I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of starfish this is, what it eats, and any other info on it! There is one for sale at a local pet store and i'm thinking of getting it! The guy told me that its reef safe and eats algae! Thanks!
  18. lagatbezan

using a refractometer

Hi, i just got a refractometer with ATC, and was wondering what is the best way to read it? What i mean is that , do i go by the SG or salinity? Which one is more accurate and what is the difference? Thanks!
  19. lagatbezan

fish not eating!

i got a bi-color angel fish 2 days ago and it doesn't seem to eat! i was told it will eat brine shrimp which i'm feeding my fish! it seems very active and healthy but does not eat! Any help would be great! Thanks in advance! 46 galon bow front 35 lb live rock w/dsb 2 clown fish 5 red legged...
  20. lagatbezan

help!! brown algae problem

Hi, My tank has been up for 3 months now! its a 46g with dsb, 30lb of live rock, two clown fish, 6 red legged crabs and a snail! I have a bad brown algae problem in my tank! i am using ro/di water! how can i get rid of this? my sand and glass are always turning brown and make the tank look...