120 ideas

rickross23

Hey. I have a 120 standard mixed reef.
My inhabitants
Yellow tang
2 TR ocellaris clownfish
4 chromis
I like these fish and would Like to add them.
2 B&W ocellaris clownfish( would this be a problem? They are both ocellaris)
Red mandarin dragonet
Dragonface pipefish
Black tail anampses wrasse (anyone have one?)
2 Cardinalfish-PJ or bangaii
Diamond goby or other sand sifter( mine killed itself.....LONG STORY!
THANKS!

mr. limpid

The wrasse, pipefish and mandarin will all compete for pods. Do you have refug.? Also suggest getting an ORA mandarin the seam to eat other foods better than wild ones. +1 with acrylic51 more than 2 clowns will fight.

rickross23

Yes I have a refuge....I took out my chaeto, since it was growing on the sides and I am almost positive it was the chaeto in my tank, because the algae in the tank and the chaeto looked identical.

mr. limpid

chaeto does that it will break off, just need to harvest it more often or add a piece of plastic screen (the kind they use for sliding doors) to catch those little pieces. I would put it back in refgu. it helps consume nitrates and the pods will feed on it.

rickross23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/391953/120-ideas#post_3478395
chaeto does that it will break off, just need to harvest it more often or add a piece of plastic screen (the kind they use for sliding doors) to catch those little pieces. I would put it back in refgu. it helps consume nitrates and the pods will feed on it.
i took it out and pitched it......now my refuge is only LR.

rickross23

Alright.....so pissed. Found out my RO machine is crap. My LFS tested water and it has a whole lot of dissolved solids. I am thinking this is the cause of bryopsis........
The radions are going to be a Christmas present I think.....I need a new RO machine, more phosban, a refractometer, etc. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON! I am starting to agree with my parents that this hobby IS a money pit.
Ughhhh!

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/391953/120-ideas#post_3478465
Alright.....so pissed. Found out my RO machine is crap. My LFS tested water and it has a whole lot of dissolved solids. I am thinking this is the cause of bryopsis........
The radions are going to be a Christmas present I think.....I need a new RO machine, more phosban, a refractometer, etc. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON! I am starting to agree with my parents that this hobby IS a money pit.
Ughhhh!
I assume you have changed your pre filters and membrane? Do you have a DI canister? Basically all RO units are a like some just have larger membranes which produces more RO water quicker.