14G BioCube w/ Pistol Shrimp/Yasha Goby, What else to add

btldreef

My husband modded the tank so the pistol shrimp is no longer stuck in the intake/overflow of doom! I'm so glad he's still alive.
YAY!
Anyways, the tank is an Oceanic BioCube 14G. Stock lighting as of now and probably staying that way. 20lbs of black reef sand and about 10-15lbs of live rock. Right now it has two emerald crabs, 1 Astrea snail, a Yasha Goby and a Randalli Pistol Shrimp.
I kind of like the whole idea of a symbiotic relationship tank (shrimp/goby, anemone/clownfish or crab, clingfish/urchin or hard coral, acro/acro crab,etc).
What would you put in this tank? In what order?
Also, I want more of a CUC, what can go with the pistol? I'm not concerned about the emeralds, they came as hitchhikers.
**Everything must me reef compatible since my husband dumped frags in there today.

skate020

goby/pistol and clown anemone:DDDDDD
put the anemone's in last obv :D
why not just put more snails in?
can never go wrong with snails they do anything:D
and the pistol shrimp dont mind them?
but yehh the anemone/clown idea with the goby/shrimp:D
and post pics:D

nuro

what kind of lighting do you have? and be carful of anemones; in something that small, they can easily still your coral

btldreef

Originally Posted by nuro
http:///forum/post/3173666
what kind of lighting do you have? and be carful of anemones; in something that small, they can easily still your coral
Oh I know. I'm an anemone girl, LOL. My husband hates how much I know about anemones and how into them I am. It's PC lighting. I'm not putting anything major in this tank. I've had a BTA in there before, the tank is so small that the stock lighting actually will work for them. I'm not sure if I'm going to do an anemone, if my RBTA splits in the big tank, the baby will be a gift to the nano.
It's not going to be a reef (at least I don't plan on it at this second) but he wants somewhere for the frags because we hate plugs in our main tank.

btldreef

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3173848
post pics
I will as soon as the Yasha isn't so skiddish. She still doesn't trust me and hides when I come near the tank, getting a little better though. Still trying to get the pistol out of the intake. We broke it open and he can freely come out, but it's dark in there so he likes it. Poor Yasha lost her friend :-(

btldreef

<husband:
we just added some zoas and mushrooms to get a little more color in there. one reason i think the yasha is so skiddish is due to the fact there are no other fish in there, so there is nothing for it see swimming around to make it feel safe. i dunno but if i was a tiny little yasha goby i would be afraid of my own shadow to. this thing is TINY!

skate020

lols. i went to the LFS today to buy the pistol shrimp and someone bought it:(
will wait till next one is in stock!

skate020

get a clown or two:D
that could make it feel better.
i cant wait to get my pistol shrimp:D
need to wait for my LFS to get one in stock again.
i do think my next investment will rather be a couple zoo's, or another clown tho.
pistol shrimp and goby somewhere along the line

btldreef

I think that's the issue too. The other thing is, the stupid shrimp made his own burrow where the fish can't get to so the fish is without it's friend.
I think I'm going to get a B&W Ocellaris, that'll look sick in a RBTA. May possibly also get a purple firefish or some sort of baby wrasse, once it's bigger it'll go in my main tank.

skate020

ahh yehh that sounds nice:D
true percs are my favs. but only when there like got the full black like mine, otherwise i love the b/w clowns:D
i cant wait to add a RBTA:D
still need to get rid of the mandy thoo:(
might ask the LFS if they want it for nothing.
ahh im sure the goby and shrimp will pair up again soon:D
post some FTS's:D

btldreef

Originally Posted by skate020
http:///forum/post/3176524
ahh yehh that sounds nice:D
true percs are my favs. but only when there like got the full black like mine, otherwise i love the b/w clowns:D
i cant wait to add a RBTA:D
still need to get rid of the mandy thoo:(
might ask the LFS if they want it for nothing.
ahh im sure the goby and shrimp will pair up again soon:D
post some FTS's:D
I will as soon as the diatoms die down a little. It's a mess right now. I hate adding new rock! Should be better by the end of the week. I can see the pistol shrimp, he's got a pretty cool spot (for him) and I don't think he's going to come out willingly. I'm going to try to catch him and put him back where the Yasha is to see if he takes to her burrow. I think they just lost each other when they got added to the tank. His setup is sweet though, it's dark all day and the food gets caught in there when I feed the tank, so he can be lazy and still eat, lol.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3176727
Weren't you laughing at my
diatoms

I don't think so

It's not bad, but I hate posting pics with diatoms in them, so I'll wait til they clear. That and my husband over red the tank with nothing more than an emerald crab, an astrea snail, a pistol shrimp (that's only about an inch long) and a Yasha goby in the tank.