2 questions....

what is the difference between aquacultured and wild clownfish?
also could i have 2 clowns and 2 damsels in my tank or will they fight?

invertcrazy

Originally Posted by MATTHRUSHFORD
http:///forum/post/2989950
what is the difference between aquacultured and wild clownfish?
also could i have 2 clowns and 2 damsels in my tank or will they fight?

Aquacultured is tank raised and wild is well, wild caught. Tank raised is hardier
As of the damsels, they can get pretty nasty and mean so a lot of people don't like them and if you have to get them out of your tank because of being too aggressive, they are a pain to catch. Clowns are in the damsel family.
hope this helps

1journeyman

Also remember Clowns of different species can/most likely will try to kill each other. Also, dominant females will not tolerate other females.
Buy 2 young clowns, of the same species. It's interesting to watch one transform into a female and the couple pair up.

shoregirl2

Wild is from the ocean, and aquacultured was bred and raised in a tank.
I think it will depend on the type of clown, but most clowns unless a mated pair will want to dominate and will probably pick or kill the other.
As for the damsels it depends on the type as well, but most damsels are very aggressive fish and will dominate the whole tank eventually, if you choose to go with the damsels, they should be the last fish added not the first.
So when you choose your stocking list, take all that in to consideration, it is really important to check compatablitily/aggressiveness before stocking.