2 white spots on royal gramma?

jacrmill

ive had my royal gramma for bout 3 days now. he is swimming around good, just started coming out of his hole, and eating a ton. yesterday morning he had 4 white spots on his back, and by night it was down to 2. today he still has those 2 spots. he has been moving some sand out of his little cave, and i was wondering if that could be it, but it seems to have been on there way to long to be just sand. i also know grammas are prone to disease. i dont think its ick, cause it went from 4 spots down to 2. i thought ick was supposed to multiply and fast. any ideas on what this might be, and should i just let it go, or treat it or what?

gobylover

If I were you I would wait a few more days and see if it progresses.What else do you have in your tank?Any other signs like scratching or darting?What are you feeding it?I have a Betta that had the same thing.6 spots then 4 spots then 5 spots then no spots.I also fed him some medicated flakes.Just enough that I knew none would lay on the bottom.

jacrmill

hes in there with a bicolor blennie. neither of them show any signs of being sick. they are both eating really good, and swimming good too. someone said that they can get sand in their slimy coat, so thats probably what it is. i will be watching it, and thank you for hte help.