30 Gallon Tank DiaRY

rebelprettyboy

I have this thread in the Fish Photography section, but Id like to have it here also. Im gonna see if I can copy and paste it lol
These are from January

rebelprettyboy

1000 POST!!!!
Here are some recent pics of my 30 gallon tank. has been set up now since Jan 1st so a little over a month. Equipment 250 watt metal halide and 2 65 watt actinitc bulbs. No skimmer, No filter, No refugium, Just good old live rock and water changes. Figured I wouldnt need any of those things until I run into problems. I preform 20% water cahnges weekly and 30% last week of the month to keep everything good. Havent had any problems as of yet. Pics were taken about a week ago and since then there is absouletly no cyno bacteria in the tank!!! shoulda taken new shots today but oh well
In the tank just a coral beauty and a green clown goby (which I never see doing anything but laying around I dont want the guy. I sometimes see him at night with the moonlights on moving around. NORMAL?)
Corals
Trumpet Coral
Xenia
Frospawn
Various Rics
Purple Mushroom
Zoos
Inverts
Pink Tip Anemone ( I know I got it early)
Pink Dwarf feather duster
1 margarita snail
10 cerith snails
10 nassarius snails
5 astera conehead snails
5 turbo snails
1 sexy shrimp (which I havent seen since i got it. It was only like 1/4 of an inch maybe even smaller I was mad when I got it!)
Ill just post new pics on the forum also for now on so I want have to start new ones.
Give me some feedback

rebelprettyboy

oh and I got some Green Star Polyps
GSP

Random Purple Mushroom IDK where it came from

Candy Cane Coral (paid 40 and got like 40 diff heads on two pieces!)

Frogspawn

rebelprettyboy

My RICS love them and great color!! (Got them from FLRIC on here great guy!)

Zoos IDK what kind they are they were floating around in LFS store so they gave them to me

Feather Duster (I WANT MORE OF THESE)

FULL TANK SHOTS

rebelprettyboy

That start of the forum is old I worte it last week and just never posted. My g/f orderdd me one of those Rena Smartfilters to run on my tank so for some kind of filteration so I will be using a filter now. The HOB was on in the pics so i could suck up the cyno!
And I am posting the Xenia last cuz I have some questions.. Cuz since ive had it, it hasnt really looked to good, but it look pretty good in the lfs... I was wondering where I should place it? And what to do to help it get better? Since the pics ive moved it up higher in the tank with a lil more lfow and doesnt look any better...

rebelprettyboy

I know I want be getting anythng else til next month for the tank... The only other fish that will go in the tank will be 2 black and white clownfish and just more coral!
ALSO EVERYTHING IN THIS TANK CAME FROM MY ESTAB 55 GALLON THAT WAS SET UP FOR OVER A YEAR ALL. WELL ALL THE WATER AND ROCKS CAME OUT THAT TANK ALL I GOT NEW WAS SAND. THATS WHY I DIDNT WAIT THAT LONG TO START STOCKING. ACTUALLY EVERYTHING WAS ADDED 2-3 WEEKS AGO FIRST MONTH I STILL LET IT SIT EVEN THOUGH IT DIDNT GO THORUGH A CYCLE

rebelprettyboy

just re aquascaped today cuz I had to get my anemone form the back of my tank which was a pain! Taking him back to the LFS.. ill post pics later. Now I need to check water levels later today and get a water change gpoing on sunday!
dang tank emergency happening right now! Hooked up my new rena smart filter today and left to go out to eat with my girlfriend and to come home to a half empty tank. Filter epmtied out a lot of the water and I only have 5 gallons of saltwater mixed up right now. so I wont be posting pics for a while

rebelprettyboy

New additions only paid 200 for all the things i got. I got a lot of frag of zoos with a lot of polyps.. really good deals!!! gettin my camera to take better pics and still working on it
All New Things:

rebelprettyboy

Look how good the xenia look since my last pics of them lol. Theyh are already spreading over the rock they came on.
Everything is doing really good even after the emergency didnt loose anything.
Comments or Questions about anything ill be glad to answer

rebelprettyboy

Started me a zoo rock with some new zoos I got. I havent even posted pics of those yet. Maybe I will later.
I get a lot of views and no post lol

rebelprettyboy

Started my zoo Rock yesterday. Still have a lot of other zoos to glue on there that I already have. These are some new zoos I got from REDSPOT311.

Zoos I still need to glue on are in the other post n these

rebelprettyboy

Alvepora which seems to be doing good right now. Looks like its gettin bigger already and ive only had it a week.

New Mushrooms also hAve a red one that I didint pt on photobucket

Blastos I got for 2 bucks and am going to hopefully save Already look better since I got them from fish store!!

GSP need love too

rebelprettyboy

traded in a piece of my candy coral the smaller piece with about 10-12 heads at the lfs for a brain coral. It was supposed to be in today, but it didnt come in now I have to wait until next weel