help with flame angel

iidylii

ok so how long is it before you guys think a fish has been in the tank long enough to where it should be settling in? My flame angel has only been in the tank a month but he still gives a lot of chase to 90% of the fish in the tank...2 days ago I noticed a nice chunk out of his body...actually had the white meat showing...and today I notice some blemishes on him...like I said its only been a month but in your opinion will he get better worse? I don't really see any blemishes on any of the other fish but I just feel kind of bad that hes such a jerk to them...again he really doesn't bite them he just gives some really serious chase to some of them quite a few times throughout the day...and really its one fish after another no matter how docile the other fish might be he couldn't care less he still gives them shit...gobies, dragonettes, cardinals etc doesn't matter...im thinking im gonna catch him tonight and throw him in a 5 gallon until I have decided what to do..that is if I don't accidentally trip and drop him in the toilet on the way to the 5 gallon :mad:

2quills

My guess is he went after the wrong fish who got tired of his shenanigans. Hard to say when he'll settle down if ever. They can tend to be territorial.

iidylii

Yeah and I'm really not concerned for HIS safety more for the others...if he gets his ass kicked that's one less fish I gotta "fish" out of the tank ;~}

One of the down sides of flames. There one of the more aggressive fish.
So I guess I just let it go for a while and see if he settles down