Good Protein Skimmer????

dustintx

Alright guys/girls,so I'm looking to purchase a real protein skimmer. I have a DIY one that gets stuff out but is a pain in the A. My setup is 20 gallon tall with a 10 gallon sump. Obviously I don't need to go all out at the moment because it's a small setup. I'm thinking $50-$100. I've been browsing amazon and have some ideas,but would like some advice before I purchase. What's a good small skimmer for my money?
Thank you.

snakeblitz33

SC aquariums makes a small one for a 65g that is about $100.

Tunze DOC 9001 would do fine as well and is about $120. Tunze has a brand name that they have backed up with quality products and services for a very long time in the hobby.

Just know that you get what you pay for.

jay0705

Agree with above. Also reef octo are supp to be good aswell. Do NOT get coralife or instant ocean

dustintx

Thanx for the info guys.
I'm guessing by your post that instant ocean and coralife skimmers are garbage?

dustintx

SC aquariums makes a small one for a 65g that is about $100.

Tunze DOC 9001 would do fine as well and is about $120. Tunze has a brand name that they have backed up with quality products and services for a very long time in the hobby.

Just know that you get what you pay for.
I have checked out these skimmers and I think I'm leaning towards the tunze 9001. Thank you for your response as this has helped my decision quite a bit.