An unhappy clown

HKfshkpr1

I am puzzled by this medium size Maroon Clown. She's healthy and has been in my 180 gal "fish only" tank for 2 months. There's another much smaller Maroon in the same tank but she rarely pays attention to him. She would peck on him a bit when they meet ocassionally( They hang out separately). Neither is harassed by other fish but their "hang out spot" is at the top of the tank.

What is strange is that though out the day she would swim up and down at the side glass and the front glass, like she wants to get out, almost non-stop! While other fish would gather at the front glass during feeding time she would keep swimming up and down at the side glass, just grabs a few bites and then go back to her routine.

I had Maroons before and none acted this way( at least the smaller one never does this). My wife said she's going crazy. I can only "suspect" that although she's not harrased she's not strong enough to fight for a real territory at the tank bottom. Any idea?

lmforbis

She may be seeing her reflection in the glass and trying to scare the “other” fish away.

jay0705

Hanging at the top is normal for most clowns, but my maroon hides in a cave. Thats her spot near bottom.

HKfshkpr1

She may be seeing her reflection in the glass and trying to scare the “other” fish away.
The side glass( on both sides)she goes to are a few feet away from her spot, too far from her territory. Besides she's not slamming at the glass just goes up and down non stop............trying to get away..............has not eaten much last 2 days.