54 corner ideas

so I was gifted 200 lbs of beautiful dry rock.. i designed a new aquascape for my old corner tank.. looks amazing, at least to me lol. Now.. it’s running on 2 fluval 406 canisters for the time being, because I cannot find a sump to fit under the stand.

Dose anyone know of a way to build a sump under this type of stand? Will a plastic tote work as a sump or will it degrade and cause issues long term.

Any ideas good good colorful fish? Other than the well know clown or blue damsel? It’s a fish only tank so everything is game.

Also, I have a 44 gallon rectangle tank in about to start setting coral in. I have one clown and one yellow tail damsel in right now. Any ideas for a skimmer? I have a 20 gallon breeder as the sump. And any ideas for a new fish to add?

Last edited:

lmforbis

a rubbermaid tote will work fine. It just has to be food safe. You can put a second smaller tub inside the bigger one for the return pump. That way the water flows into the big one and when the level gets to the top of the small on it flows in and the return pump can pump the water back to the tank.

silverado61

a rubbermaid tote will work fine. It just has to be food safe. You can put a second smaller tub inside the bigger one for the return pump. That way the water flows into the big one and when the level gets to the top of the small on it flows in and the return pump can pump the water back to the tank.
You wouldn't worry about the water pressure bowing the sides?