5g reef

2quills

Looking good.

Those scallops are cool. I had one last year but only lasted about 7 months. They don't tend to make it very long in captivity but they are pretty neat to watch with the light reflections looking like electricity passing through them.

Mine attached under the rock too where I couldn't really see it very good.

snakeblitz33

I'll watch the scallop closely. I know they don't last long, which is a major concern in a reef this small.

I really am running out of room. I was considering a few different types of montipora capricornis to glue to the side wall but I'm pretty much done buying corals for now. I'm mainly concentrating on keeping the tank clean and stable at this point.

Anyways, any advice is always welcome.

snakeblitz33

Flame scallop has to go. It has spent the day ticking off all my corals and rearranging the entire tank.

Now, whether to throw it in the trash or give it away....

snakeblitz33

No one in my buy and sell groups on Facebook want a free flame scallop. The LFS doesn't really want it back. I guess I should have researched my purchase better beforehand.

Anyways, I'll do another 1g water change this weekend. I have to find or make a new filter insert for the main back chamber soon.

The hammer coral had been shrunk up for a few days now. I'm starting to worry.

snakeblitz33

Man, I guess whatever I'm doing is good. Lol. My few pieces of spa coral I have are starting to grow quickly. I'll do another water change soon.

I am ordering that test kit this morning. I'm curious where my calcium and alkalinity sits.