5g reef

snakeblitz33

I look at morphology more than name. I know what a mushroom looks like. I know what zoanthid looks like. I know what closed and open brains look like and so on. Get yourself a book on corals and start reading. It will open up a very fascinating world for you.

snakeblitz33

That's a pretty good one. There is a better one, if I can find the name of it. The book is in my classroom, if one of my students hasn't already checked it out.

florida joe

Darn that book looks heaver then the tea cup you use for your water changes. :D

Looks like some heavy calculations going on there also are you working on your coral to square inch of space ????

:D:D

snakeblitz33

Lol! I'm pretty sure I have already exceeded my limit.

I do need to do a water change soon though.

API test kit came in today. I'm fixing to check my system.

Those formulas are for the length, the time and gravity of a pendulum. You know, just in case you get caught on an alien planet and only have a pendulum to calculate gravity...

Any who....

snakeblitz33

My hammer coral is still shrunk up pretty well. Not dead though. I'm hoping a water change may help the system get back on track. Maybe two gallons. I might have to clear this weekend's entire schedule to get it done.

snakeblitz33

Yeah, I did a 2g change to get dKh down. I'm thinking that might be why my hammer coral is having some issues.

I'm going to retest this evening to see about bringing up calcium to 460ppm.

2quills

Agreed, I would wait to see what the tests say later. If Alk is truly that elevated it would typically start to drive calcium down due to precipitation. But 420 is still good either way imo.

snakeblitz33

I'll test again tonight to be sure. For some reason or another, that 2g water change was like a breath of fresh air to the tank. :)