5g reef

snakeblitz33

Copepods everywhere! I need a glass scraper. The algae is starting to get hard. It's no longer the slime algae. I guess the tank is maturing.

I gotta find some new filters for the sump area.

Corals are looking happy and healthy. Nothing outta the ordinary. I'm gonna test for calcium and alkalinity again pretty soon.

snakeblitz33

2g water change this evening. Gonna scrape the glass first. Corals are doing great!

After the water change I'll test the parameters and adjust accordingly.

snakeblitz33

Another 2g water change scheduled for this Saturday.

Coralline is starting to grow pretty well. I think the tank is maturing nicely.

Pics to come.

jay0705

I went to a lfs tue. Asked which corals where mushrooms, guy looked at me like i was on crack lol

snakeblitz33

Love it. I don't think I will run another tank without some or something similar. It keeps the water crystal clear... I replace it every 30 days.

jay0705

Now I've heard it can have negative effects on fish. Reducing certain levels in the tank. Thoughts?

snakeblitz33

I'm sure there may be some lateral line diseases attributed to using GAC. But as far as my tank goes, I don't have any problems so far.

2quills

If you use carbon stay away from lignite or coconut shell based carbons. Rinse before use. I've never had issues running premium gac with any of my tangs.

snakeblitz33

Sorry for not keeping the thread as updated as I should.

Everything is going well with the tank. I have a 2g water change ready for tomorrow. I really need to clean the glass soon.

Anyways, maybe I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

snakeblitz33

Changed the chemipure blue pack out and did a 2g water change. I poured the new saltwater into the back chamber and it flushed out a bunch of junk. But at least the corals perked up and came out to eat.

At the next water change, I will siphon the muck out of the back of the tank in the semi-sump.

Otherwise, everything is going great.