5g reef

snakeblitz33

Yes. Insects keep bridging the Gap. Apparently they like warm spots.

Not bad for four gallons of total water volume. I am saving room for MACNA frags.

one-fish

Electrician by trade and have seen all kinds of problems with spiders and such....remember spending hours troubleshooting only to find a spider web between two contacts

snakeblitz33

Getting some bubble algae on the mini pump. I can probably take it out and wash it in freshwater.

I know when I tank is telling me that I need to do a water change now.... It gets a little hazy/cloudy.

Soon as I do a 2g water change and change the chemipure blue out every 30 days, it's back to business as usual.

snakeblitz33

Naa. I'm not interested in fish. Are there any new pieces of equipment or something fun to play with on a tiny tank?

I guess an apex Jr. On a 5g is overkill. I did enjoy the temp and pH readings though.

snakeblitz33

Seems like 5gallon tanks need frequent small water changes. About once a week the water turns a bit cloudy and I gotta do a 2g water change. Once a month I'm having to change out the chemipure blue. But, at least the tank seems in stable cycles and things are really starting to grow.

Pics soon.

snakeblitz33

I took a cheap plastic razor blade and cut off some of the plastic surrounding it. Instead of buying one of those expensive scrapers from the fish store, now I have a ten cent one that actually worked really well.

My tank always looks healthy after a water change... But I think I'm going to buy seven gallons next time and do a 2g water change to stir up all of the detritus in the system and then do a five gallon water change to siphon it all out. I might do that once a year to get a good refresh started.