5g reef

snakeblitz33

I did a four gallon water change today in my five gallon tank. Lol!

I took out a gallon and poured in a gallon to stir up the gunk and shuffle the detritus in one spot. Then changed out three gallons while siphoning out the gunk that was stirred up.

What is amazing to me is that the brown algae that had been growing on the grey plastic in the back of the tank is almost completely gone. I never scraped that algae off.

I also dosed with 6ml of calcium. I don't know if that is too much or not enough, but it seems like my flower pots have perked up today.

If y'all aren't tired of pics yet, I'll post some more.

Who says tiny tanks have to be a lot of trouble? I think big tanks are more trouble than they are worth, especially after having this pico

snakeblitz33

I am considering feeding those softies something meaty a few hours before the next water change. I'm thinking something like oyster feast or similar. Any suggestions?

snakeblitz33

My interest is decreasing in this project. It isnt very hard to keep at all, but... I dunno, the limited space is killing my interest.

I'm still going to MACNA but I am going to put the tank on autopilot and do water changes on it still.... I just dunno though.

jay0705

Ah ok the move thats rt. You could try your hand at some of the more expert rated fish if your looking for a challenge

snakeblitz33

I might have a new job lined up this summer that pays well. We will see where it goes. If everything works out, there might be some changes to the size of the tank and the critters I keep.

jay0705

Excellent buddy. A hunting buddy of mine is trying to get me in a state job. Lol I've always hated the state of ny too lol