5g reef

snakeblitz33

No kidding about "kid in a candy store." They had a bit of it all! A whole bunch of new products are about to hit the market this year. I got to see most of their demonstrations. The alkalinity monitors were the most impressive. There were some amazing protein skimmers on the market as well. I think it's going to be a pretty amazing year.

Right now I have my eye on a JBJ rimless 30g.

snakeblitz33

So, I have just cleared the purchase with the other half and I've planned out the space to put it. I'm going for an innovative marine fusion 20g.

I cleaned up my 5g pico, balanced the parameters and I've been feeding phyto and amino acids every other other day. The corals have bloomed. Now, there are proteins building up on the surface water daily. Wishing I had a protein skimmer, but it's way too small.

I am considering keeping my pico going and turning it into a soft coral tank exclusively. My wife likes the corals that move around. She will be happy.

The new tank will be exclusively sps. I'm bound and determined to have a decent sps tank.

snakeblitz33

Painting the livingroom, the hallway and part of the kitchen tonight. Finishing up tomorrow. Next comes new flooring in the living room. Probably will be a couple of weeks until then. Might go ahead and order the tank and build a stand in the mean time.

snakeblitz33

Just finished painting the living room. Now all I have to do is switch from this horrible carpet to a nicer vinyl flooring before I can put my new tank in place. Man, this is going smoothly.

I have a 55g tank stand that is gorgeous. I just wish the tank wasn't tempered. I'm still fond of the rimless tanks as well. Ugh. I can't make up my mind. :(

lmforbis

Good riddance with the carpet. I finally got all of mine out. I used a peel and stick vinyl plank flooring from Lowe’s ($0.99 per sq ft) in my whole basement. Looks like wood but pretty cheap and easy to install. I wanted something that looked nice but could handle the small amount of leaking we get when it rains for several days.

Have fun. I always liked projects like that. They make such an improvement.

snakeblitz33

I don't really like the projects, but any step I can take in the direction of getting a larger tank in my home is a step in the right direction.

I have a 55g tank stand with a 48x13" base. I'm thinking about ordering a rimless 45g long and just reusing the stand. Otherwise, I could order a standard 55g and reuse the beautiful red oak canopy that would come with it.

I love rimless tanks.... But I also like traditional. I'm so conflicted about what I'd like to do. Originally I thought I wanted another small tank but my plans keep getting bigger and bigger.

silverado61

So, I have just cleared the purchase with the other half and I've planned out the space to put it. I'm going for an innovative marine fusion 20g.

I cleaned up my 5g pico, balanced the parameters and I've been feeding phyto and amino acids every other other day. The corals have bloomed. Now, there are proteins building up on the surface water daily. Wishing I had a protein skimmer, but it's way too small.

I am considering keeping my pico going and turning it into a soft coral tank exclusively. My wife likes the corals that move around. She will be happy.

The new tank will be exclusively sps. I'm bound and determined to have a decent sps tank.
Don't they have skimmers for nano's?

jay0705

Sapphire makes nice rimless tanks. Any size you want. If your already doing project work, a nice in set in a wall would look nice

snakeblitz33

I wish I had an extra room in my house to do it. Sadly, I do not.

I'm thinking about reusing my 55g and drilling it, restaining the stand and putting it in the living room. Almost have enough to put new floors down. Might be a couple more weeks.

snakeblitz33

I totalled up all the equipment that I want to buy for my 55g tank and it's over $2500. I went with just the basics and it's still over $1250. Dang it. Why does this hobby have to be so darn expensive???

I'm trying to gear up to start a water filtration company and I'm having to heavily invest in the initial start up costs and I can't see myself sinking $2500 into a tank when it could go to the success of my company.