Acans

spanko

Paintballer what is the identifyier you used to differentiate those please?
All I see is color..................but I do not pretend to know anything about them.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2727605
Paintballer what is the identifyier you used to differentiate those please?
All I see is color..................but I do not pretend to know anything about them.
With lordhowensis you can see where the entent of each head goes (as in you can actually pick out where the individual heads are, and see where they meet other heads).
Echinata theres no defrenciation between the polyps, you can only notice where the mouths are.
Theres another species Im forgetting that is like echinata, rotunda-something?
EDIT: 2 more species I forgot about.
Acan. Maxima is like a scolymia kinda, only smaller. The polyps are the biggest out of all the acan species and usually sold anywhere from 1-3 full polyps.
Acan. Hillae, I dont know much about.

clown4life

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/2728129
at my lfs they are getting 25 a head. so in number one i see roughly 4-5 heads? so roughly 100

$25 a head that's crazy talk unless they are Aussie. I paid 15 for the first one,30 for the second one (I bought it off Craigslist) like 20 for the third and 30 for the last ones from someone on hear. so thank you how ever you are.lol

blazin2k6

WOW ONLY 30 FOR THAT 2ND ONE ? Great price. I pay 64.99 for all mine. You see the new one i just got ? Woooo an lfs around here been getting lots of em. Gonna have to go again maybe friday i think and grab another.

paintballer768

Hahah. Did you know that if a bristleworm or something meaty and live touches the tentacles, the acan will eat it? I saw a picture of an acan with a bristleworm hanging out of the mouth.

fatcat

I just got a 9 head aussie, 11 head lord, 42 head pink lord and 3 other acan.
In total about 100 heads all for the grand total of $80 from a really cool local reefer...

jadette

Prices at my LFS usually run about $15-20 a head for the common lords.
Much cheaper from local reefers. I picked up some nice "grinch" acans for $5 a head.