Adding a clown

jay0705

I have a lone black occ clown due to his mate jumping a few yrs ago. Thinking of adding a new occ clown. Thoughts? I would def make sure the new one is smaller. My real issue is all my other tanks have clowns so if trouble arises i cant simply move one.

iidylii

my dad has exactly the same issue same fish and all lol...my thoughts for him, and of course I am not someone to take advice from most of the time lol...but I thought he should of course get a smaller clown and maybe keep them in a 10-20 gallon tank with a plexiglass center divider to get them comfortable with seeing each other over the course of however long it may take until you feel that they feel comfortable...

either way I will be watching this thread to see what suggestions come out...good luck

jay0705

Ha ha ha a tang and fox came home today. The clown did not. It is smaller then my current one, not greatly tho maybe 1/2 in

jay0705

Hmm thats what iam thinking. My female occ and maroon are much bigger then my black. Yet iam still iffy, its been so long it has to have turned by now

kirshman

I did this a couple times when I was running multiple tanks. I only bought ones that were in a tank with a group of clowns and always bought a smaller one. Worked 3 out of 4 times.

iidylii

I did this a couple times when I was running multiple tanks. I only bought ones that were in a tank with a group of clowns and always bought a smaller one. Worked 3 out of 4 times.
Yep maybe a good idea to buy the smallest one out of a group that are together