Adding clownfish

35% Off ! All WYSIWYG fish and corals
Hey everyone, need advice regarding adding a juvenile clownfish with a much larger clownfish. I had a pair of ocellaris clownfish for a year and a half, unfortunately the male one died due to ich. Now I am thinking of adding a juvenile clownfish to my current clownfish but she will be much bigger compared to the juvenile, she must be around 2-2.5inches. Will it be ok?

lmforbis

Administrator
Staff member
Did you treat all your fish for ich and leave the tank fallow for the requisite amount of time? If not your tank is still infected and any fish you buy is at risk.

gm875

Well since I will be setting up a new tank, my current tank has become a quarantine for the clown, she’s never had any symptoms of ich during the breakout so I’m just observing her at the moment. Previously I had blue chromis and the male clown which were affected and died. So she’s the only fish at the moment. Once the new tank is ready and cycled, I want to transfer her over and then add another clown

lmforbis

Administrator
Staff member
Get a small one from a tank with a lot of them. Don’t get the largest one in the tank. Since you have a QT up and running you might consider adding the new one into the QT with the old one so there is no chance it turns female during its 30 day QT.