Aiptasia Disappeared??

jim672

Some time back a piece or rock I added to my tank had some aiptasia on it. When I realized what it was I removed the rock and sterilized it.....and put it in my Q tank. Of course, a couple of the little guys had already moved to other, larger rocks.:mad:
I tried the turkey-baster-hot-water thing with no success. I tried catching them to pull them out......fat chance.
I decided I'd buy some peppermint shrimp to do the deed for me. I bought 6......acclimated them slowly and released them. Within an hour my G____D____ damsel had eaten at least 3 or them.:mad: :mad: By the next day, I couldn't find any of the 6 remaining. Another very expensive meal for that blasted damsel (who also ate my pulsing zenia:mad: ).
About two weeks have passed since the damsel had its shrimp cocktail. I looked into the tank two days ago when I got home from work........no aiptasia!! Gone. There had been four, large growths of the stuff and they're all gone!
Waht happened to it?? Remember I haven't seen even a hint that any of the peppermint shrimp have survived. The only fish I have are the damsel, a maroon clown and a yellow dotyback....and they were all there before the aiptasia got there so it's unlikely they ate.
Can anyone help me understand where the aiptasia went? ( I'm happy it's gone, just want to understand why.......)
Thanks!
Jim

jim672

Kip,
I didn't see any of them die.....per se. I saw the damsel eat 3 of them and assumed he ate the other 3 when I wasn't watching.
If they were still alive, wouldn't I see one of them somewhere in the tank? Are they noturnal?
Jim