alk and ph levels

clownfishy

I tested the ph a alk and they were both way high. my test kit tells what to do if they are low but what do u do if they are to high. So is it all right if they are high or do I need to bring them down? and if so how do i do that

clownfishy

I got the red sea test kit i the ph chart only goes to 8.6 but it is darker than that but not a whole lot and the alk it just has colors and it is on the highest end of that butthe test doesn't give a numbers on the color chart so i have no idea the real reading besides it is as high as possible. I never planed on a reef so never considers a calcium tesst. salinity at.0245 and the temp at 82

a short

If you are cycling the tank do nothing, you will just prolong the cycle. Hope you are cycling with no fish? Poor little damsels are put thru it all the time when a tank can be cycled by just throwing in a shrimp to get things going.

bang guy

Originally posted by clownfishy
even though i am only a week into the cycle

You left out that piece of information.
Just test for ammonia & chart it. Don't bother testing anything else. PH will fluctuate wildly during the cycle.

clownfishy

ok thanx sorry i forgot to put that in that was pretty importan info wasn't it. and no i am not cycling with a damsel just a shrimp