An old timer’s suggestion.

florida joe

At one time or another we all experience the frustration of trying to catch a fish and remove it from our tank. What I have done is divide my tank into four equal spaces. I position my rock-work so that I can place pieces of egg crate cut to size in to my tank. I how have a tank that is ¼ the size I need to catch the fish. Worst case scenario I remove all the rock from whatever area I now have the fish trapped in

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That is a good idea, but you may well have to be willing to sacrifice your vision of the aquascape. Also, probably only good for larger tanks.

florida joe

Beth i only put the egg create in if and when i have to get a fish out. i just leave enough room between the rock work to get it in place once the fish is out i remover the egg create and the tank is back to normal as far as esthetics And yes it is most beneficial for larger tanks

florida joe

It actually works great for smaller fish such as six-line as well or a damsel that is causing mayhem in your tank

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Beth i only put the egg create in if and when i have to get a fish out. i just leave enough room between the rock work to get it in place once the fish is out i remover the egg create and the tank is back to normal as far as esthetics And yes it is most beneficial for larger tanks
I knew that. Some hobbyist, specially with smaller tanks, go for the wall of rock. Its better to space things out. Something for others to consider if this method is used. Islands of rockwork look better imo.

one-fish

Thanks from this old timer....Gave up trying to catch a fish was doing more damage then good. I can definitely do this if needed....Thx

florida joe

It helps if you slowly set up your tank over time with the space needed for the dividers then there is not so much disruption when you need them placed in your tank

2quills

Your timing is impeccable. I have a small 6-line that I need to donate back to my LFS and have been wondering how I'm going to catch him.