Anemone Comitting Suicide??? HELP!!!

flcandy

LMAO All good!
I can wait 24 hours! LOL
I have to go and pee in a cup anyways for work tomorrow so I need something pretty to see in the AM before 10. LOL

michaeltx

thats usually what happens to me when I try to take pics get the perfect shot and bam the lights go out.
Mike

coral keeper

Hmmmmmm.... To be exact sure, what are all the corals i can keep in a 8 gallon bio cube with PCs? Its 2 18 watt lights, 1 day 10k, and 1 actinic, both coral life. I also have a torch coral and a metallic green torch coral.

flcandy

K. Awesome pic Mike. I am working on the T5 lights so soon I am going to have something to show off to.

clown boy

Got it!
This coral has fully become a third larger since we got it... it's fully a foot across!!! No photoshopping or color enhancement.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
FLcandy just for reference here is another tank under nothing but t-5s

WOW!!!!! What a gorgeous tank!!! I wish i had a tank that looked like yours!!!! Keep up the good work!

michaeltx

nice looking cabbage coral here is the one in my tank. BTW this corals doesnt need much light at all but with more light they get lighter in color. this has double in size in a matter of weeks.
mike

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
WOW!!!!! What a gorgeous tank!!! I wish i had a tank that looked like yours!!!! Keep up the good work!

thats not my tank but a buddy of mine thats has nothing but T-5 lighting on it.
Mike

flcandy

Thats awesome! I am so happy I found my 4' 4x54 watt 2x10000K White and 2x10000K Blue for 99. Going to be worth it!

Clown they look pretty healthy to me.
I dont know though I dont have any.
I just love reef tanks and cant wait to get mine going. GOing to be a while though since I need to wait until the end of April to get the lights!

ginarox

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
When I moved my tank my anemone retreated for a month into a cave. It came out very bleached, but has fully recovered and grown well.
If your lighting and parameters are 100% then you should be ok.
agree! mine went through that too, and all are fine, at one time i had five anemones in tank , now i only have one,,,sold 4 ....sweet,,,just hang in there it will do fine...have a great night...

clown boy

Originally Posted by FlCandy
NM Aug. LOL I wrote wrong! LMAO
I couldnt wait that long I would die! LOL

clown boy

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
nice looking cabbage coral here is the one in my tank. BTW this corals doesnt need much light at all but with more light they get lighter in color. this has double in size in a matter of weeks.
mike
Is that a bristle worm behind it?

flcandy

HAHA! LOL I am dying already!
Gin he returned it today. He was a good sport and realized he didnt have the right lighting for it.

BTW Clown: Did you let them know they shouldnt tell people that?

clown boy

{GASP!!!} I just realized I didn't!!!

Well, they had told me that they didn't recommend it, but I could give it a try...

michaeltx

no its a fancy brittle star thats got some really really long legs on it.
here is a broader pic so you can see more of the legs he is under his favorite rock LOL
Mike