anemone question

rickross23

i am going to get an anemone soon. i am in love with the ritteri, but am borderline on the care requirements. the anemone will be set on top of a rock, so its gonna be about 4" above the SB. the SB is about 3-4" deep, so we are looking at 7-8" from the bottom of my tank for a nem. i am about to begin tech m treatment fro bryopsis, whenever fostersmith delivers the 128 oz. should i wait to get the nem or corals? my parents offered to buy me one, so i am still deciding.....maybe another rose? i already have 2 and want a new challenge. post thoughts.....i have 2 hydor powerheads i dont know the name of, but they make a good current. i have 2 150w halides that i will be upgrading to 2 radions in august. the depth of my tank is 2'. thanks

meowzer

First of all an anemone will NEVER stay where you want it....so all your thoughts on where it will be in the tank....trash....LOL
I would not get one until you get your algae under control
and I'm not sure it is good to mix different types....NOT 100%....I'm thinking I read this somewhere

meowzer

I guess that's up to you.....If it were me.....I would not add anything until I had the issue under control.....That's just how I feel about it

gemmy

I would be very leery of anything that is added during the Tech M treatment. I personally would wait until after the lighting upgrade to add anything.

rickross23

Anything? I have halides! I can see waiting for the nem, but other coral? I don't think that's necessary. My halides can keep and grow most corals... I am thinking of a toadstool leather....how would this do?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/391742/anemone-question#post_3475834
Anything? I have halides! I can see waiting for the nem, but other coral? I don't think that's necessary. My halides can keep and grow most corals... I am thinking of a toadstool leather....how would this do?
I told you...it was up to you.....Personally I would not.....you can do what you want

meowzer

It's not the tech M....It's just that IMO...until you have your issue identified and under control..I (ME) would not add anything .....that is what I am saying...
NOT NEVER.....LOL...Just until you get it under control...then slowly add