Anthias

lmforbis

Now that I have the new tank up and going I'd like to add a trio of anthias. What kind would people recommend. I don't want a type that is really difficult.

My current stock list is as follows:
Blue tang
Yellow tang
flame angle
orchid dotty back
oscelaris clown
fire fish
McCoskers flasher wrass
PJ cardinal
starry blenny
spotted mandarin
Lamarks angel

They all seem pretty peaceful and have all been in my tank for at least 14 months.

iidylii

My personal favs are my lyretails...can't go wrong with the how the one looks after changing into a male :p

My next favs are ignitus Anthias...and from what I see are peaceful and easy unlike the lyretails which are one step up on each stat...although my lyres are fairly peaceful and seem to be doing just fine...I guess it all depends on the color u would like as well...they are all pretty much starburst colors as u know so...i dont know lol

2quills

Lyretails are my favorite for the color. That orange really stands out in the tank. Currently have a medium Barletts and a small lyretail. Was originally 2 but the more aggressive one I believe killed its sibling. Other than that they seem to be peaceful community fish.

iidylii

What have you decided? There's a trio of lyres on DD coming up today but I guess when isn't there lol

lmforbis

Haven't made up my mind yet. Don't want to order new fish before Easter when my kids and grand kids will be over. Just too hectic to also keep track of fish.

jay0705

I've been looking at those myself. The trio that is. I agree on the timing aswell. I hate buying fish after work. By the time you get them acclimated its 9-10 pm. This week I've gotten out early so I've been fish shopping lol

2quills

Staring at a trio of lyretails right now plus a male at my lfs. Someone needs to talk me out of buying them because they look great and I want them.

lmforbis

Staring at a trio of lyretails right now plus a male at my lfs. Someone needs to talk me out of buying them because they look great and I want them.
Not going to be me. I haven't pulled the trigger but I will soon.

2quills

Got all four of them plus 2 millipora frags for $110. Couldn't pass it up. Plus I fix their A/C and have referred customers that have signed maintenance contracts with them. They love me in there lol.

2quills

They look remarkably similar in color to my Bartletts. But my Bartletts color under my led lighting is very drab. Nothing brings out colors in fish better than T5 IMO. Considering adding 2 more bulbs to my canopy.

iidylii

I've been looking at those myself. The trio that is. I agree on the timing aswell. I hate buying fish after work. By the time you get them acclimated its 9-10 pm. This week I've gotten out early so I've been fish shopping lol
my DD fish are always delivered at noon so I always start dripping them when I run home for lunch and they are pretty much ready when I get off work...sorry little off topic here but im watching my flame angel being an ass again as always...sometimes I wish he would face plant right into my long spine urchin! :rolleyes:

jay0705

Iam not a flame guy for the above reason and then some lol however yest i saw the smallest flame. Maybe 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Very very nice colors tho. They just got it in and hadn't priced it yet. If there was a price under $50 i may have done it. My coral beauty is going in the new tank. My 75 is definitely mature enough lol

2quills

I had a CB once and it was the same way as the flames. The most peaceful angel I ever had was a potters but they have low long term success in the hobby. He looked good but randomly died on me around the 1 year mark.

jay0705

I've been seeing more and more potters lately. There beautiful fish. My cb isn't bad, I've had it about 2 yrs now

iidylii

yeah if and when I get ambitious its bye bye flame...it annoys me so bad watching him chase others around...

sorry forbis back to you now :p

lmforbis

My question was answered long ago, but quills bought the fish.

On the Angel subject, I've had a flame for probably 3 years. Probably a bit over 3" long was about half the size when I bought him. He's one of my original fish since I restarted my tank, has gone through 2 upgrades, never bothers anybody or anything else.

This is one of the reasons I've held off on the anthias for so long. It has been a long time since I added a fish, over a year. It seemed like adding another fish to the mix might be a bad idea. On the other side since everybody has moved to a new tank and their surrounding are newer there might not be as much of a problem.

jay0705

That is a good point. Thats why I've done so fish shopping recently. Mainly my concern is adding my tangs together. Generally nobody bothers new fish. I was concerned the other day tho. I haven't found a red scooter in awhile so when i did i bought it. Rt after i put him in my malnurus wrasse flew rt over eyed him up and gave him a peck!!! Then the scooter swam down and wrasse is fine ever since lol. In case anyone is curious yes this is in my qt tank.