any ideas for a 55 gal refugium attached to a 90 gal tank...

2quills

I'd definitely drill the tank if possible. Are you trying to keep the 55g in a stand under the display?

scrapman

I'd definitely drill the tank if possible. Are you trying to keep the 55g in a stand under the display?
Thanks
I changed my plans: the 55 gal doesn't fit under my 90 (one inch and half too long to fin inside stand)
I'm using a 20 gal high feeding a 20 gal long....
no drilling possible in the established 90....
- overflow from the 90 to the 20 high with protein skimmer and live rocks
- overflow from 20 H to 20 L with deep sand and macroalgae..... and return pump to 90....

Any suggestion to improve my set up, critters population, lighting?
Thanks

beaslbob

Thanks
I changed my plans: the 55 gal doesn't fit under my 90 (one inch and half too long to fin inside stand)

any chance you could put the long dimension fore and aft with the back end sticking out of the stand? I did that once and it formed a direct plumbing path for the drain.

my .02

scrapman

any chance you could put the long dimension fore and aft with the back end sticking out of the stand? I did that once and it formed a direct plumbing path for the drain.

my .02
Thanks: I wish I could have positioned my extra empty 55 gal as you suggest... I'll work on my two 20 gal..

beaslbob

IMHO the separate 20g refugium draining into the 20g sump is a very good idea. That way the refugium can run basically all the way full and the sump is where water level varies with evaporation, power outages and so on.

my .02