Anyone want to hazard a guess? Pics!

keri

I got this little tan bit of NOTHING thrown in the bag for free from the LFS back in March....and he grew! Started out maybe 1/2" and is now maybe 2.5"? plus encrusting. I can't get a good pic of the colours but it's turned out quite pretty, almost looks like a bit like a tricolour acro in colour or something. What do you think? The true in-tank colours are a darkish orangeyyellow, purple, pink with a greeney/blue sheen.
Sorry about the quality - it's a good camera, I just suck with it!!

Also throwing in a 2 pic of the tiny brown SPS that was also a freebie that has turned onto this big brown-with-pink tipped THING! Great PE on that one but I don't know what it is, seems happy tho. (I really do try to keep track of names but even they didn't know what these were)
First pic: allready 4x the size of when I got it:

Now. (8 months later)

dgonci

Looks nice. What type of lighting do you have it under. That is pretty good growth. I like grabbing broken frags from my LFS. I like to look for things that might have become separated and are at the bottom of the tank. Its pretty cool to watch them grow out when you get them small like that.

keri

Thanks Rebel and dg! :)
They are under 8xt5HOs in a 65g tank.
Someone on Canreef thought the first one was A. Valida and after googling some pics I tend to agree
As to the Digi, I think I'm going to call it a "milk chocolate finger monti" to make myself feel better about the colour!

I love the suprises that can come from rescuing littlle bitlets!

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Keri
http:///forum/post/2783200
Thanks Rebel and dg! :)
They are under 8xt5HOs in a 65g tank.
Someone on Canreef thought the first one was A. Valida
and after googling some pics I tend to agree
As to the Digi, I think I'm going to call it a "milk chocolate finger monti" to make myself feel better about the colour!

I love the suprises that can come from rescuing littlle bitlets!
I see no rebel in this thread
. I was going to guess tricolor but it was too small for me to tell anywho. Itll be pretty once it starts branching more.
The digi is a purple base/brown polyped one, I think its the standard "purple digitata."

keri

ahhh crap lol...that's what I get for not paying attention! lol you must have simmilar avatars
sorry paintballer!!

myzislow

The first one is still way too small to accurately ID. It look sliek ti could be some sort of tri-color but it also looks like it has the possibility of bring a granulosa by the very round tips its throwing out.

peglet

I have a digitata just like yours. He was brown also so I moved him up in my tank and within a short period of time he turned purple. So I think he is a purple digitata (light placement has lots to do with color I think). I have 8 hoT5's on a 100 gallon tank. This is one of my favorite corals. They seem to grow fast.

keri

Originally Posted by peglet
http:///forum/post/2805588
I have a digitata just like yours. He was brown also so I moved him up in my tank and within a short period of time he turned purple. So I think he is a purple digitata (light placement has lots to do with color I think). I have 8 hoT5's on a 100 gallon tank. This is one of my favorite corals. They seem to grow fast.

Thanks!
Well, we've bought a 120 with MH lighting so I look forward to seeing what that does to it! It's only about mid-tank under 8xt5's right now