AQUSCAPING TIPS/ IDEAS

rickross23

here's my 120. (lights were off, turned them on for a pic, so corals and nems are NOT happy or fully out in the pic)

i am worried about the little corals i have growing into each other and me not being able to keep all the corals I want. I also am not very happy with my rockwork. I was thinking of moving my rockwork.....will this hurt the corals or other livestock? I saw a U shape rockwork that was pretty neat. what tips or ideas do you guys have for me on aquascaping? thanks

rickross23

note: in my pic, one of my RBTAs is under the rock.. he decides to travel under the rock to sleep every night.
my RBTAs are usually 4-5" in diameter during the day, while the sebae is from 8-10' diameter in the day. i will get a FTS tomorrow when everything is fully out so you can see the corals better.

acrylic51

Quote:
Maybe you should find a new home !!!!!!
Rick have you thought about drilling and pinning your rock work......

15 characters

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

rickross23

Maybe you should find a new home !!!!!!
 Rick have you thought about drilling and pinning your rock work......
No.

cannot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

weegie

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

acrylic51

The find a new home wasn't directed at you Rick.....Seems we have a few clowns tonight......From the pic doesn't look bad, do you have a pic of something your modeling after......

rickross23

Naw. I like the Rockwork, but am worried about not having enough coral space. Should I add LR from my sump to the display or move the rock?? I just want a design for more corals.

acrylic51

Moving the rock wouldn't hurt anything.......You could also add a bit more to give you more space as well.

rickross23

Yes. I have like 300 lbs total I THINK. What's your aquascape like people here? Please post pics of your aquascape.

S

smallreef

I prefer the look of 2 islands.. that way you can have fish that like to swim have movement and to have more platforms for corals if they need to be up higher closer to the lights.

slice

Personally, I like more visually interesting rockwork. High here, low there, mid height over there, a cave, a shelf, tunnels.
I once advised to look through interesting pictures of mountain ranges and trying to mimic that. Varying height yields opportunity for coral with varying light needs.
A pile of rock is uninteresting to me and becomes boring quickly. Tanks with a pile of rock with similar coral all on the same level looks more like a candy store display than a "slice of ocean".
But, that is just my opinion, YMMV...