Are you a loser if.....

speg

You try to pick up girls off the internet?
My only true relationship that lasted 3 years was brought to me by a AOL chatroom.. and since that breakup i've been once again trying to find chicks on the net :p
I am a pretty shy guy in real life.. and I dont have the charisma? to go right up to a girl and say hey.. you're cute.. lets go out? I am able to say what I want to say here.. without feeling weird/embarassed about it..
My question is... am I a total loser? :)
Does anybody else do this/have the problem I have?
Is there any help for me... =c(

fedukeford

Originally Posted by Speg
You try to pick up girls off the internet?
My only true relationship that lasted 3 years was brought to me by a AOL chatroom.. and since that breakup i've been once again trying to find chicks on the net :p
I am a pretty shy guy in real life.. and I dont have the charisma? to go right up to a girl and say hey.. you're cute.. lets go out? I am able to say what I want to say here.. without feeling weird/embarassed about it..
My question is... am I a total loser? :)
Does anybody else do this/have the problem I have?
Is there any help for me... =c(
your not a TOTAL loser
but it is kinda sad, if you dont have the courage to go right up to a girl, dont ask anyone out!

speg

Originally Posted by fedukeford
your not a TOTAL loser
but it is kinda sad, if you dont have the courage to go right up to a girl, dont ask anyone out!
K, thanks for the advice. I spose i'll be married to my fish, at least they love me for me.

my way

Don't feel bad, I don't even think my fish would go out with me. But it is always easier to talk to someone when you are'nt face to face. Plus in here you know you have something in common to talk about.

jmick

Everyone is different, that’s what makes the world such a wonderful place! Some people are very outgoing and enjoy meeting and flirting with the opposite --- and some people are a little more introverted.
My brother met his wife on one of the dating sites and they’re going no their second year. People spend so much time online these days it only makes sense that they’d hook up online to. Do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what other people think!

bluegirl

Hey, I met my hubby online! We've been together 7 years, and married for 6 years. :cheer:
Unless......that makes me a loser?

tangman99

I have never used an internet dating service but I wife's aunt met her husband through a dating service and they are very happily married today. I several couples that have met over the internet and they are very happy. I think it's a cool way to meet people, but I hope I never have to look again. I'm on my second and hopefully last wife.

jer4916

i met my wonderful girlfriend of almost 3 years on the internet...were getting married soon... so i would say...no ...not at all. ... but it shouldn't be the only place your looking... i didn't intend on dating her ...until we met in real life by mistake.
~Chris

colorteck

I will not even try this anymore after my last meeting. yes I may be old to some at 41 but the last girl I met off of the net looked like she could be my grandma!!!
So no more for me as a picture could be from the 40's. I swear it was funny as I am eyeballing all of the cute girls a little younger than me trying to figure out what one she was. Then my son says DAD she is here! I asked him am I that old ? :hilarious

T

thomas712

As the male of the species I can tell you that you are not in charge anyway. Just be yourself and in no time some girl will snare you. Next thing you know you will be missing your dresser, you'll only get a third of the bed, and you'll be saying yes dear an awful lot.

colorteck

Originally Posted by Thomas712
As the male of the species I can tell you that you are not in charge anyway. Just be yourself and in no time some girl will snare you. Next thing you know you will be missing your dresser, you'll only get a third of the bed, and you'll be saying yes dear an awful lot.

mimzy

dont be hating. you know you love us. why else would you pine for us so vehemently?
Speg. You're not a looser, I also had a long term (3yrs+) relationship that started on the internet. Some people are shy, and the 'net is a good platform.
What I suggest for you at this point, however, is not to look. It sounds like you should do a little more celebration of your freedom! Too often do we run straight from one relationship to the next, without taking the time to get to know OURSELVES. Take a month, a week, a day - a year or an hour - but take it for yourself. Enjoy YOU. Read something. Go to the zoo. Start a new hobby. You have an amazing opportunity for growth and self discovery right now - take advantage of it!
Besides... a relationship between people can not be truly successeful unless each partner is familiar and comfortable with themselves as individuals.

oficedepot

so... well, i still like chance encounters.
like getting forced out of the office for an errand run and seeing the smile of the century.
and improving oneself like getting the eyes done, finally learning the proper way of fixing hair in interesting ways, and taking care of skin for once, just to better the odds...
gosh i am such a tool

darth tang

My current girlfriend of almost 4 years I met on the net. It was in a message forum like this. Only more music and politics oriented. We weren't looking for someone either. It just sort of happenned. We must have talked for about 6 months before either of us had any inclining of actually feelings for each other..........It doesn't hurt that I am such an intelligent, cool, nice guy, either.

lovethesea

As the male of the species I can tell you that you are not in charge anyway.

just another reminder why I heart you !! :happyfish

J

jdragunas

i think it's easier to express yourself on the web, because if they find you repulsive, so what? It's better because you're able to be yourself (if you're the introverted shy type).
i'm always hesitant about people i meet on the web, though. Some people chat so they can be someone else... and some people chat so they can ---- little girls...

oficedepot

Originally Posted by jdragunas
and some people chat so they can ---- little girls...
i am sorry i made you feel this way

oficedepot

Originally Posted by jdragunas
Some people chat so they can be someone else...
how do you rationalize someone who pretends to do be this rude, abnoxious, jerk on the internet but when in real life is a very nice person?

J

jdragunas

i say he is a very nice person in real life because he/she bottles up all of his/her bad emotions, and then releases those on the internet... therefore that's not how he/she is in real life, but they have to let those feelings go somewhere...