Australian Harlequin Tusk

hovo626

Hey guys, first post here. I just picked up a 6 inch Aussie Tusk on Sunday, it's now Thursday and he isn't eating. He nibbled a little on brine shrimp, didn't come close to my silversides. I picked up some frozen uncooked shrimp from the local store and dipped both the silversides and shrimp in garlic this morning and it doesn't seem to entice him but my other fish are all over it. He seems to be losing his stress coat, I can see a little bit of white. I am going to get some live shrimp and toss it in later today hopefully get him to eat. I have a 150 gallon tank with another 60 gallon sump. It's been running pretty flawless, did a 25 gallon water change when I got him. Parameters are perfect, so I know its not my tank. He's just having trouble getting used to the tank life it seems. Any advice would be great.

jay0705

A 6" tusk is a difficult fish. Really small and adult tusk have a hard time adjusting to tank life. 3-4 is probably ideal. That said, live shrimp is a good choice. Hermit crabs and clams could also entice it.