Beach Trip questions

robertg

I read some other threads but nothing really was the same as my questions. First, if you pulled sand out from the ocean in Florida would the sand be okay to put in a tank? I understand sand on the shore is a little bit more dangerous because people throw trash etc.. Also, is there anything you can collect from the ocean that could be beneficial to a tank? I always see tons of sea snails and I was thinking of grabbing a few to add to my tank. Any ideas on what to bring back would be very helpful. Thanks!

S

saxman

The first thing to do is check the local requirements/restrictions on collecting. Some places require only a SW fishing license, while others require a collection permit. It would suck to have a nice day ruined by getting nabbed by the Dept. of Fish & Game.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///t/388590/beach-trip-questions#post_3428068
The first thing to do is check the local requirements/restrictions on collecting. Some places require only a SW fishing license, while others require a collection permit. It would suck to have a nice day ruined by getting nabbed by the Dept. of Fish & Game.
Checking local restrictions is a good idea.
Personally, I have collected shells from the beach and put them in my tank. I just make sure to boil and rinse them before putting them in my tank.