Black Percula and maroon together

coachd

I just read on a website that black percula clownfish could be added with other clownfish. I currently have a maroon clownfish that has been in the tank for 6 months. Would this work or would the maroon do harm to the black perculas ( I would get two of them)?
Thanks

dawman

True that black percs can be with other clownfish , but maroons can not .I have seen them get along with Clarkiis and saddle clowns . But mixing species is not recommended but have been done by many people . It really depends on the fish , they all have different personalities .

ice4ice

True -B&W clowns can be mixed with other clowns IF they are of SAME SPECIES ! ie: Ocellaris B&W clown can be mixed with regular Ocellaris Clown or a B&W TRUE PERCULA can be mixed with a regular TRUE PERCULA Clown. Never mixed outside their own species such as Maroons, Saddlebacks, Tomatoes, Skunk Clowns, etc ...

petjunkie

Most maroons would kill any other clowns in a second. Meanest fish in my tank. Love her but a bad choice for my first fish, she tries to beat up everything.