Blue Flasher Wrasse

pegasus

I happened to be in an unnamed pet store last weekend to dump my chocolate chip sea star, and to see if they still had the $1 per gallon glass aquarium sale going on. Fortunately, they accepted the sea star, AND the sale was still going on... so I scooped up a 10 gallon tank for $10, and a 40 gallon breeder tank for $40 (reg. $119). Cool! I also had a 20% off all saltwater fish, so I looked to see what they had in stock. That's when I spotted this little guy... a Blue Flasher Wrasse! My heart started racing. I looked at the price tag, and it was $34.95, which is the average price for this fish. Well... I DID have a 20% off coupon, and my wife gave me the nod, so I scooped it up as fast as I could. He's in the 24G QT, happily chasing down live amphipods, copepods, and mysis. If all goes well, he'll grow up to be a rather handsome fish...

pegasus

Nothing right now. When he grows up, and starts flashing, he'll have a lot of blue... mostly on his back. I hope to one day see him looking like one of these:

pegasus

This is the first I've seen in person. I have been drooling over fairy wrasses for quite some time, and really liked the looks of flasher wrasses. I really, r-e-a-l-l-y wanted to get at least one, but never could bring myself to pay that much for it. I saw this solitary guy in the tank, and the price no longer mattered... I HAD to have it. Besides, I had a 20% off coupon. Who could pass that up, right?

Oh yeah... I saved the best part for last. My buddy at the store takes good care of me since I'm a regular customer, but I'm not sure if what happened was intentional, or a mistake. Since I gave them a large chocolate chip sea star, I like to think it was a favor returned. Later in the day, my wife checked the receipt. I had received my 20% discount, but it was not on a $34.95 purchase. The receipt showed that I had purchased a Plecostomus for $9.95... and got 20% off that price, too. I basically paid $7.95 for a male Blue Flasher Wrasse. Since it's 30 miles back to the store, and I didn't want anyone to get in trouble, I accepted my fate and just dealt with it. *sigh*

jay0705

Ha ha ha nice. I got a mccoskers flasher wrasse a few months ago I paid 53 for him lol gorgeous fish tho. I think I know the store u speak of. Last yr they got purple tangs in on accident. 70 bucks to get clear them out they where huge! I was soooo tempted lol but my 75 just wasnt big enough

pegasus

Nice. I always thought I'd end up with a Carpenter's or McCosker's, because they are beautiful. I suppose this one will have to do, at least for now. Yeah, that was an awesome price for a Red Sea Purple Tang... about $100 off! Wish I could have run across that deal! I can't complain... I've gotten some awesome deals on marine life, and several freebies at this "anonymous store". My wife doesn't like me spending much money on the tank, but all I have to say is "let's go to *****", and she's already in the car. LOL! I sure do love her...

jay0705

Lol yea I know the feeling. My gf is great, there your tanks get it if u want lol so I usually do. Today it was a kole tang. I have a serious sickness lol

pegasus

I don't know if it's a sickness, disease, or addiction. No... wait... it's all of those! LMAO! Sad, but true. There's nothing else like it, and it keeps me busy, so I'm not complaining.