Breeding Clownfish

N

n_sarno

oceana,
I'd love to trade or buy a little clown from you. If you are willing to ship that is.. I know before in the thread you said you werent. I have some green people eaters I'll trade you a couple for one or two of your clowns.
Let me know.. we can send on my fedex acct.. Priority overnight so if you were to drop them off at fedex right before they close (9PM here) they will arrive to me usually before 11AM the next day so there will be minimal time in transit.. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
N_Sarno

oceana

Originally Posted by N_Sarno
oceana,
I'd love to trade or buy a little clown from you. If you are willing to ship that is.. I know before in the thread you said you werent. I have some green people eaters I'll trade you a couple for one or two of your clowns.
Let me know.. we can send on my fedex acct.. Priority overnight so if you were to drop them off at fedex right before they close (9PM here) they will arrive to me usually before 11AM the next day so there will be minimal time in transit.. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
N_Sarno

i will not be shipping or selling these little guys. right now i could not do it even if i wanted to. i put the last 8 that i had left all in our 270 once a fish goes into the big tank the only way its coming out due to the rockwork is if its dead. even then i wuold be lucky lol. all the rest were sold to locals. sorry

N

n_sarno

Well, im very interested so maybe next time? Keep me in mind.. I've got tons of zoas I could trade to..

oceana

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
Why, too much work?
on its own no. but now with so much to tend to we lost interest. plus we started ending up with 100'S of baby clows and that took up lots of room

oceana

Originally Posted by fedukeford
any pics of the clowns in the 270??
they are not in there anymore the flow was to much and i kept loosing them over the over flows when they slept at night. i moved them back to one of the smaller tanks untill they get what i consider "normal" size

jambo

Oceana,
I know this is kinda hijacking, but I was wondering if you still had the Remora Pro for sale. I posted in the other thread, but I didn't know if you'd check it or not.
If so, drop me a line at jmvandergriff@gmail.com
Thanks.
JAM

gator_bob

I read the thread and was wondering where the water from the sponge filter goes? And how it gets back? In general how does the plumbing in the rearing tank work?

oceana

hello
the sponge filter nothing more then in tank filter. bubbles flow up the tube causing a suction through the sponge removing particals from the water.
in it VERY basic filtration. this is all the is needed in this stage.
cant really hvae over flows. or two much flow in the tank. they are so very tiny just about any other filtration would cause death. there are a few methods that do work but they are a bit more involved and mostly reserved for larger scale operations.

oceana

it's noori.
they have no fear- when I work with my hands in the tank, they won't leave me alone - they really like to pick the tiny air bubbles off my arms :)

larryndana

Originally Posted by oceana
it's noori.
they have no fear- when I work with my hands in the tank, they won't leave me alone - they really like to pick the tiny air bubbles off my arms :)

Noori, ok thanks.
Yeah I've got two clowns and they always follow my hands, pretty funny.

richarl5

First off I want to say that they look great! They are so adorable and it must have taken so much effort to do that.
Second off, I know tons have asked already, but is there any way I could buy one from you? I have a Black and White Percula from SWF.com and was foolish enough not to buy two at once.
-Lisa
e-mail is richarl5@muohio.edu

reef diver

Hey oceana, I think it is very interesting that you got to a level where you had such a high success rate, it is really an advance for the hobby.