Brittle Starfish has made the overflow its home

anibhat

Hi,

I have a brittle starfish (its over 5 years old) and has found a new home. Its now lives in between the two walls of the overflow. When I feed the fishes, I would see it extending the arms from the grill opening of the overflow but refuses to come out. Its been there for long but dont know if anyone has ideas to get it back.

Thanks - Ani

lmforbis

My brittle star set up his home under a rock that sits by itself in the middle of my tank. The rock is about 5 inches across and sits on the glass bottom with sand around. My diamond goby dug out the rock and the star moved in. His arms are out all the time but that's it. I hadn't seen his body in months until I moved my rocks so I could add some additional pieces of rock this last weekend. He moved right back under it as soon as I was done.
I have a red and white spotted linkia starfish who is all over the tank.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I have a brittle starfish (its over 5 years old) and has found a new home. Its now lives in between the two walls of the overflow. When I feed the fishes, I would see it extending the arms from the grill opening of the overflow but refuses to come out. Its been there for long but dont know if anyone has ideas to get it back.

Thanks - Ani
Is there a reason he can't just stay there?