Bubble Master Skimmer

funkysean5

Just wondering about this line of skimmers. My LFS has two on there 1000 gallon reef tank. They have like 50 fish in there! And it's still extremely clean!

wattsupdoc

I cant speak from any experience with the BM. BUT, it looks like a very sweet skimmer. Very well built I'm sure as it's an ATI product. It has the SAME EXACT Sicce pump as do the Octopus Extremes and their twin, the MSX Extremes. Reaction chamber diameter looks to be the same. Really very similar all around. Except the ATI has a slick built in gate valve, the octos and MSX have a twist pipe design. Which seems to be effective. HOWEVER!!! The ATI's are about twice as expensive as the others. And you could get the gave valve mod for 35 bucks i think it is. So..... the ATI IS a sweet skimmer, no doubt. But but you'll pay for it also. If you have the money then go for it. If you don't, then elect for the others, you wont be able to tell the difference anyway.

stanlalee

they use the same Sicce pumps that several high end skimmers use but they do modify it differently and use their own thread wheel propeller. They are more expensive than Octopus Extremes but with most models between $500 and $900 people seem to think they are a steal compared to other high end skimmers.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/2778215
they use the same Sicce pumps that several high end skimmers use but they do modify it differently and use their own thread wheel propeller. They are more expensive than Octopus Extremes but with most models between $500 and $900 people seem to think they are a steal compared to other high end skimmers.