buying a boat.

jay0705

What a pain in the ass!!!!!!!! I've dealt with many car salesman but boat sales are ridiculous! I started this endeavor last yr , this I pulled the trigger ordered a new boat only to have an absolute idiot for a salesman and a horrible dealership to boot. Needless to say, back shopping I go knowing mostly likely it won't be til next yr!!
Lol ok thats my rant for today

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't know that boats have "dealerships" but it makes sense....a lot of boats cost more than a house. Use internet to help with customer service and reliability feedback.

jay0705

Didn't know that boats have "dealerships" but it makes sense....a lot of boats cost more than a house. Use internet to help with customer service and reliability feedback.
Oh its such a pain in the ass. Manufacturers space them so there's no direct competition with each other for the same boat. So it can be hrs in between if you want a certain one, but in my case the closest dealer is an ass hat.

2quills

Boats are boats. All of the real quality is typically in whatever motor they're using. Might be better off just ordering what you want online then have it shipped to the local dealer. They charge you for the shipping regardless.

jay0705

Fishing, walleye, bass, perch. Honestly used scares me. I bought a used outboard for my boat now had nothing but problems with it. I like the security/ warranty of new

jay0705

Boats are boats. All of the real quality is typically in whatever motor they're using. Might be better off just ordering what you want online then have it shipped to the local dealer. They charge you for the shipping regardless.
Agreed sir that is what I did in march. However the dealer was an idiot and didn't have it rigged rt

2quills

I've been debating a new boat for the last couple years. Still haven't pulled the trigger though.

If you're going to be doing mostly lake fishing have you checked out the Grizzly line up of boats by Tracker?

jay0705

All I hear are iffy reports on tracker. I guess there trade in value is sub par. I like there look however, its just the iffy reviews that concern me. Lowe is another boat that's alot of bang for your buck. Its not "finished" like a nicer boat but are a decent boat it seems. I believe I've made my choice , now its just waiting for my bank. Honestly picking a boat hasn't been bad. The dealer and bank b s is aggravating tho.

2quills

Yeah, most banks won't touch water craft since they're not typically good investments unless you use it to make money. Loans are typically 15 years or longer to keep payments low. Kinda why I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. The size and type I'm looking for is generally in the 45-55k range new. I'm keeping my eyes open for a relatively newer/used one in great condition. I'd like to get my captains license so I could do guide service on weekends.

jay0705

Oh nice. Guiding in what area?. A few aluma craft are mid 30 but very nice. The higher end lunds and crestliner are crazy tho

2quills

Lund's are nice.

Here in Corpus Christi, around the bay and off shore. Buddy of mine runs his own fishing and hunting guide service down here. He doesn't do half bad for doing nothing other than hunting and fishing all day (jealous) lol.

But I'd like something capable of doing all of the above. Something I could use in the bay and off shore but not too large that I couldn't take to the lake.

I've had my eyes on a Mako , for a while now.
http://m.mako-boats.com/#boats_scr_detail?boat=3814

jay0705

Ah very nice. Mako makes a nice boat.
I would be jealous too lol. I've always thought about coming down south to duck hunt.