Calcium levels low

Juansfishy

Im having issues raising my calcium its at 240 i hear it should be at or rnd 420 ive been dosing kalkwasser in my ato for bout 1 wk and its done nothing any ideas ? Please

beaslbob

look up the improved diy two part system by dr randy holmes Farley.

it uses calcium chloride for calcium, baking soda for alk and magnesium chloride +magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts) for magnesium. calcium chloride and magnesium chloride is sold as an ice melter for sidewalks in winter. calcium chloride further speeds hardening of concrete so check redi mix concrete places.

that said also check you test kit, and also test for alk and magnesium as well.

the two part system does a one time correction to get things in line. then you dose equal amounts of calcium and alk mixtures when alk drops. After using up a gallon of the calcium/alk mixtures you dose the magnesium mixture.

my .02

snakeblitz33

How big is the tank?

You can buy the dry ingredients of the three part solution on bulk reef supply and mic it yourself... Then use the BRS calculator to figure out how much to add.

If your adding calcium and alkalinity through limewater and it's not raising, then your magnesium may be low. But you won't know how much magnesium to add unless you test your magnesium level.

Sometimes your test kit may be off or you are testing incorrectly. Check your test kits expiration dates.