Calling the old posse!!!

Discussion in 'The Aquarium' started by jay0705, Mar 8, 2017.

1. geridoc

geridoc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been here irregularly since I retired because I'm working twice as many hours in retirement, and filling the rest of my week with babysitting my grandchildren. I still enjoy this site even though it isn't so exciting anymore.

2. jay0705

jay0705 Well-Known Member

Yea I've seen u pop in . Lol you where one of the first members i spoke with

3. geridoc

And yet, you stayed!

4. jay0705

I owed u for the prawn roe suggestion lol

5. geridoc

And then the prawn roe supply disappeared - did you buy it all?

6. jay0705

It is avb again. I got 5 flats of it a few weeks ago. Marine depot has/ had it

7. geridoc

I know, but I don't have a mandarin anymore. I've broken down my 40 reef, and am converting my 220 FOWLR to a reef. Then I'll do another mandarin and hopefully generate enough pods in the 110 gallon sump I'm planning.

8. jay0705

Ah very good. I almost picked up a mandy pair last nt. Just a bit pricey for the area

9. deejeff0442

deejeff0442 Active Member

I haven't been here in a while. Been a member for over 10 years used to be alot more people. Seth texted me the other day where I have been. One word..... divorce

10. jay0705

I believe thats what got silverado aswell

11. 2quills

2quills Well-Known Member

The Big D has taken out many fine hobbyists.

Hoping my buddy Sean (acrylic51) gets his butt back here and finishes his 415g acrylic tank build one of these days.

12. jay0705

I was at a lfs last week. The one owner was talking to a customer and sw came up. The owner told him 90% of the people that get into sw only last a yr. I was shocked, but it seems consistent unfortunately

13. 2quills

2quills Well-Known Member

We are the afflicted ones Jay.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the same could be said for most hobbies. Kinda like my camera drone that sits around collecting dust.

20151024_155152_resized(1).jpg

14. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

Well look at it this way if your refuge light goes bad you got a replacement. Lol....see them flying down at the oceanfront more and more. They go out to watch the dolphins feeding... Pretty cool.

15. jay0705

I hear of guys using them for hunting lol

16. Kristin1234

Kristin1234 Active Member

What up Jay!!

17. jay0705

Hey stranger. How goes it?

18. Kristin1234

Oh it's going alright.... My tank? Not so much. I'm down to 3 fish, and pretty sure 1 is trying to kick it. So that'll leave me with 2. A wrasse and a cardinal. I've lost everything. I have 3 suspicions. Either my lovely 4 year old dumped something into the sump, or the last water change I did, which was a 50 gallon change, something wasn't right with it or 3 this nasty little worm I fly d is a killer.. Not quite sure. So right now I have a sad little tank. Let me post the worm. One sec.

19. Kristin1234

Here it is.

Attached Files:

20. Kristin1234

But life outside the tank is good!!

How are you!?