Can EPDM pond liner be used safely with saltwater

meowzer

Sounds like you are beginning an interesting project.....let me say WELCOME to SWF, and we all would love to hear what you are planning.... :)

saltwaterpond

Iv got a 100 gallon Rubber maid stock tank and Iv heard of troubles sealing the drain plug so I wanna just use it as a support frame for the liner

saltwaterpond

Well the only reason I'm forced to do this is I learned that this is made of a bio plastic, and 100% silicone sealant will only work for a half a year or so, and teflon tape could take many many attempts to get it right, so I figured Id drop a liner in it, then no sealing no nothing just simple liner, then once all together I'll put in sand and 3 columbian sharks .
P:S could there dorsal spines rip the liner even if 40 mls thick

meowzer

There is a guy that keeps Stingrays in some thing like that.....He had a thread in the aggressive section.....he never had any issues with their spur (lol...can't think of what it's called)

saltwaterpond

Yeah the Columbian sharks spine is hidden behind the dorsal and near impossible to see so I think they wouldn't cut it unless someoen grabbed them and started rubbing them against the liner

saltwaterpond

45 Mil EPDM Fish Safe Pond Liner 10' X 10' - 25 Year Warranty from Amazing Pond Supplies. on Amazon.com for 59$ is this a good deal if I go with the liner