Can I speed up the Curing process of Rock?

Weatherboy

Found a deal on facebook ad. He had a few tanks he took down. Great dry rock and a couple large pieces with a tad of wet left on it.
So I am now curing for the first time. I do have a 75 gal year old FOWL with some rock, I was just looking for bigger, better pieces to create a better and more stable aquascape.

I plan to take 1/3 of my existing rock and add 30lbs on the new rock I just bought.

I have cured it for about a week. Look on line and it says anywhere from 1 week to 2 months to cure. Coming from an older existing tank and putting in an existing tank, how long do I need to wait?
I tested water a couple times when curing and for 4 days now, high ammonia as expected. Did a water change.

Next question, can I add prime, bacteria pieces of live rock from my current tank to speed up process? Do I just check one day and ammonia is gone and nitrites spike? Some of the rock is bright purple, Looks like coraline, but would that have not died off?

I would like to add most at once to finally create a good aquascape, but don't want to kill what I have.

Like I mentioned, so much online. Heck, i've been told to add the rock and prime daily for 7days along with some bacteria. I don't know what to do really.

BTW, its a 75 gallon with sand, 15-20lbs of LR. Handful of fish and good cleanup crew. Water recently tested parameters good.

lmforbis

Keep changing the water. When the ammonia decreases things are getting better. I’d say you’ll need at least 3 weeks. Adding prime will slow the process down because it binds up the ammonia. Adding bottled bacteria won’t hurt and may help.

Weatherboy

Keep changing the water. When the ammonia decreases things are getting better. I’d say you’ll need at least 3 weeks. Adding prime will slow the process down because it binds up the ammonia. Adding bottled bacteria won’t hurt and may help.
Okay, thanks. Whew, go through a lot of salt changing out that water. I assume you mean 100% changes.
Will my Coraline die off? I have some nice purple rocks in there.

lmforbis

When I cure rock I usually start with fresh water for the first week or two. Initially it is just to get rid of dead stuff and that will happen in fresh or salt. Once the smell starts to go away I switch to salt.