Can these corals be identified?

dfabrikant

We bought a Nano Cube HQI and it was already established. I was wondering if someone can identify these corals for us. ALso if you can please tell me how to care for them such as lighting and/or location in the tank. I have enclosed a photo of how I have the tank setup but I need to make sure I I dont have them in the wrong place. I have owned a 75gal saltwater tank but I do not have any experience with corals just fish :)
Thanks!

meowzer

OK...In pic 4 it seems you have a large aptasia.....you need to get rid of it.....Joe's Juice works good (or you can mix up your own with pickling lime)
also along with the zoas...there is green star polyps

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfabrikant http:///t/392063/can-these-corals-be-identified#post_3479574
Frogspawn

The green and brown are Palythoas. They don't have any special name, just common paly's
The green "stars" are just that, Green Star Polyps, aka GSP
There is an aiptasia anemone in the paly's that needs to be killed, Aiptasia X or Joe's Juice will work just fine

Frogspawn (possibly hammer, which is cared for in the same way. I can't tell for sure because the tentacles aren't fully extended and because of the angle of the picture, it's hard to see on my phone)

Galaxea

The galaxea, frogspawn and hammer are all moderate flow, moderate light, so your placement looks to be fine. They all have large feeding tentacles that come out at night and can extend far and sting other corals, so be careful when placing other corals near them. You can try to spot feed mysid shrimp, but they usually can get enough food from when you feed your fish.
The palys and GSP are easy. You can basically place them anywhere that has light and they'll survive. They spread quickly, so keep that in mind when placing them anywhere. No special care or feeding is really needed for these guys other than keeping your water parameters good.