Candy cane coral wont grow? (pics included)

T

tizzo

Hi Reef! Yeah, stay in this forum and NOBODY will ever know you were here, lol.
I like to watch the tumbleweeds go by.
Good seein ya again!

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Reef_Dart21
http:///forum/post/3102535
i did what you told me for about 1 day now and the tentacles did appear
the alk is stable and phosphate is 8.4
I SO hope you mean that your pH is 8.4, or if it is your phosphates then maybe .84...
The tenticles will appear but are most likely still not very sticky. Just feed him like this about 2 more times and he'll be fine.
After that you can feed him right in the tank at night, or if you see his feeders while feeding the fish.

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3102667
I SO hope you mean that your pH is 8.4, or if it is your phosphates then maybe .84...
The tenticles will appear but are most likely still not very sticky. Just feed him like this about 2 more times and he'll be fine.
After that you can feed him right in the tank at night, or if you see his feeders while feeding the fish.
opps lol ya ph is 8.4

d-man

they don't grow that fast evan when they are growing but if you really want it to grow fast get some shrimp like you would eat and feed it that just watch it to make sure it can swallow the food before something takes it and when it gets used to eating lots of food you can feed them almost half the size of there heads but you may want to feed brine shrimp first.
It's a big jump to your bio-load but I get all my lps to grow fast like this and I'm taking dyeing candy canes from the lfs and keeping them for a month and giving them back for at least 2x the store credit
here is one thing thats interesting they don't put out tentacles any more they did but now thy just open there mouths as soon as the water gets a little taste of food so I feed the fish brine shrimp and all my lps open there mouths and I go back around and give them big chunks of shrimp but no tentacles