Carpet anemone?

keri

So, aside from being incredibly stressed from being lost in shipping for 2 days and arriving quite cold anyone know what kind of carpet this is? It has pink/purple verrucae and is about the size of a quarter (does s. gigantea even come that small? well, I guess it's got to start somewhere lol). I bought him as ID unknown, taking a chance that it might be a mini but I think now it may not be. His future home (once I decide he won't die!) is a 120g with MH. He's greener than the pic shows. Really hoping he pulls thru. What do the experts think?

rod buehle

Wow, looks pretty rough, and overfed. purple verrecue is usually a good way of IDing s.gigantea. Pink (orangish pink) is usually s,mertensi. Its too difficult to ID when its in that shape/size. If it is S.gigantea, IME, waterflow is just as important as good lighting. Maybe even more important. Especially ones that are in poor shape.
Good luck with that lil guy!

keri

n/m I'm pretty sure it's dead :( That's really sad.
It seems to be shedding bits but doesn't smell as badly as I thought. (Like fresh scallops) Do they smell when they die?

mboswell1982

it wasnt really ur fault, id sue fedex/ups/whatever shipping company was used, its their fault for not delivering the stuff the way they were supposed to :p

keri

Meh, it wasn't expensive... The guy said he's hold another one for me for pick up (It's not terribly far, but I have to drive and take a ferry). He Actually said he'd give me another for free but I told him no, it's not his fault. Nice guy :)

mboswell1982

sounds like it, i was told about a super nice lfs up in the seattle area that me an the gf are gonna check one week, just take a full day, leave around 4 am or so, and drive on up there lol