cheapest way too setup a fifty or fifty five gallon saltwater fowlr

lmforbis

If you don’t want coral a 55 from ***** during their dollar a gallon sale some dry rock, salt, a heater, a good hang in the back filter, a refractometer, marine test kits, a basic light and a couple power heads.. For an eel you’ll need a tight lid. Patience is a must.

If you don’t want coral a 55 from ***** during their dollar a gallon sale some dry rock, salt, a heater, a good hang in the back filter, a refractometer, marine test kits, a basic light and a couple power heads.. For an eel you’ll need a tight lid. Patience is a must.
how much u think that would be? i could find one on fb yard sales. could a small eel live in a 29 until next feb.

lmforbis

You can probably do a basic set up for under $300. It really won’t be much less for a 29. Look at amazon for things like power heads, I bought 2 cheap 800 GPH power heads (the were listed as wave makers but aren’t) for less than $25 for both. They are still working great 4 years later. A basic hang on the back filter is cheap probably less than $50. The rocks may be the most expensive. You can get 20 lb of dry pukani rock at bulk reef for around $70 which will be plenty for what you are talking about, as long as you go pukani because it isn’t very dense. A heater and a bag of dry argonite sand would be sufficient. Lights can be inexpensive, eBay isn’t a bad place to look for lights.

You can probably do a basic set up for under $300. It really won’t be much less for a 29. Look at amazon for things like power heads, I bought 2 cheap 800 GPH power heads (the were listed as wave makers but aren’t) for less than $25 for both. They are still working great 4 years later. A basic hang on the back filter is cheap probably less than $50. The rocks may be the most expensive. You can get 20 lb of dry pukani rock at bulk reef for around $70 which will be plenty for what you are talking about, as long as you go pukani because it isn’t very dense. A heater and a bag of dry argonite sand would be sufficient. Lights can be inexpensive, eBay isn’t a bad place to look for lights.
how much will a fifty cost

also, can the eel live in the 29 ok for a bit? where can i find the perfect lid for one

beaslbob

i want too build a tank for a snowflake eel. cheapest way i can do it? HELP PLZ
One way is to cram on a 1/4 plastic square "egg crate" about 3" in front of the back glass. then add a couple of 2 tube 4 foot utility lights pointing forward to light up that area.

The back 3" then forms a refugium to grow macro algae and pods in.

Then you can use common river or limestone rocks and play sand for decorations in front of the egg crate.

So you set that up, add the macro algaes and fill with saltwater. Let is set for a week to insure the macros are thriving and add 5 male mollys. and don't add food for the next week. After that start feeding a few flakes per day.

once a few weeks have gone by add the more expensive marine fish.

and just replace the water the evaporates.

For fish only common 4' 2 tube utility shop lights should do. costs are about $20 per fixture and 6500K tubes.

For fish only tap water should be fine.

Although I kept some easy corals unter that kind of setup, sensitive corals will need higher lighting and it's best to use ro/di water.

For fish or corals it's best to do the diy two part system (dr randy holmes-farley). It uses inexpensive materials to maintain calcium, alk, magnesium.

The idea is to get a system balanced and stabilized by plant life right from the start. So you basically from an ecosystem that for the most part just takes care of itself.

just my .02

One way is to cram on a 1/4 plastic square "egg crate" about 3" in front of the back glass. then add a couple of 2 tube 4 foot utility lights pointing forward to light up that area.

The back 3" then forms a refugium to grow macro algae and pods in.

Then you can use common river or limestone rocks and play sand for decorations in front of the egg crate.

So you set that up, add the macro algaes and fill with saltwater. Let is set for a week to insure the macros are thriving and add 5 male mollys. and don't add food for the next week. After that start feeding a few flakes per day.

once a few weeks have gone by add the more expensive marine fish.

and just replace the water the evaporates.

For fish only common 4' 2 tube utility shop lights should do. costs are about $20 per fixture and 6500K tubes.

For fish only tap water should be fine.

Although I kept some easy corals unter that kind of setup, sensitive corals will need higher lighting and it's best to use ro/di water.

For fish or corals it's best to do the diy two part system (dr randy holmes-farley). It uses inexpensive materials to maintain calcium, alk, magnesium.

The idea is to get a system balanced and stabilized by plant life right from the start. So you basically from an ecosystem that for the most part just takes care of itself.

just my .02
it will be a fowlr. only dry rock and a eel. i want too know if i can keep a small snowflake in a 29 for five months

lmforbis

You can if you prepare the tank properly, fully cycle it and provide adequate hiding places for the eel.